delay settings help needed....

Morphos
Morphos
05/01/2001 2:49 am
Hi friend! I've been always trying to get a very good delay sound from my effects prossessor (RP6 DIGITECH),specially that cool delay(or echo?) sound often played by the Pink Flyod's guitarist,mainly the kind of delay sound played in the intro of the song Run like Hell,I've been trying to setting my delay effect up,but i give up! i can get it! Does someone know how sould i set my delay effect up to get that great sound?My delay eefect unit has the following parameters: LEVEL,DELAY 1,DELAY 2,FEEDBACK.

MORPHOS
Morphos
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
05/01/2001 6:52 am
Well, I have a Boss DD-5, but I might have some useful tips. I don't know what the difference is between delay 1 and delay 2 is though, what is that? I think a common thing is to make the delay to out there, rather than making it subtle. Setting the level to a lower setting helps make it more natural sounding echo, and putting it high accentuates the delay almost to silly extremes I think. Similarly, there are very few instances when you would want high amounts of feedback, because if you play any runs or anyhting the sound will become too cluttered. I tend to keep the feedback at only a couple of repeats at most, unless I am being very sparse with my playing.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2
gannnong
gannnong
05/04/2001 2:05 pm
I have learned through trial and error that effects work best in small doses. I'm not familiar with your digitech unit but it sounds like a two tap delay thing going on there with delay one and two. I'm not familiar with the delay sounds you're trying to emulate either, but here's my suggestion, take it for what it's worth: turn feedback down to zero and use only one delay. Now adjust that to whatever time you hear on the recording you are trying to emulate. I see it like building a house. Start with the foundation and build from there. It's easier to build from a practically dry signal than pull back a really wet one. Hope this helps.
Galen
# 3
Morphos
Morphos
05/05/2001 5:28 pm
Thanks man I'm going to experiment with my delay once again I hope make it right this time,i appreciate your help friends
Morphos
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.