Hah!!!!!!

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/14/2005 9:22 pm
I believe I have an original fender mustang in my temporary posession. A friend let me play it because mine needs a wire resoldered... after playing it, I told him that I really like it, and he said I could borrow until I got mine fixed. and he's going to mexico sometime soon, for like a week... so, I'll have the guitar for probably about 2 or 3 weeks! I played a chord on it, then picked up my guitar to play the same chord, and the mustang has alot better sound quality... plus, lower action, slimmer neck (which I like), and NO humming, even though it has single coils, it only hums when you only have one pickup turned on, and even then, it's minimal compared to mine. and the pickups, despite being single coil, are pretty hot, hot enough for my tastes anyway... I haven't tried playing anything extremely heavy yet. but, I love this guitar! now, this was my friend's dad's guitar, so I believe it is an original 60's or 70's mustang... it looks like it's had alot of wear and tear on it... so, I wouldn't doubt it... but, I want to know if there is anyway to find out the year, I have a serial number... but, I couldn't find the year printed anywhere on the guitar... is there some way that I could know what year it was?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/14/2005 9:54 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI believe I have an original fender mustang in my temporary posession. A friend let me play it because mine needs a wire resoldered... after playing it, I told him that I really like it, and he said I could borrow until I got mine fixed. and he's going to mexico sometime soon, for like a week... so, I'll have the guitar for probably about 2 or 3 weeks! I played a chord on it, then picked up my guitar to play the same chord, and the mustang has alot better sound quality... plus, lower action, slimmer neck (which I like), and NO humming, even though it has single coils, it only hums when you only have one pickup turned on, and even then, it's minimal compared to mine. and the pickups, despite being single coil, are pretty hot, hot enough for my tastes anyway... I haven't tried playing anything extremely heavy yet. but, I love this guitar! now, this was my friend's dad's guitar, so I believe it is an original 60's or 70's mustang... it looks like it's had alot of wear and tear on it... so, I wouldn't doubt it... but, I want to know if there is anyway to find out the year, I have a serial number... but, I couldn't find the year printed anywhere on the guitar... is there some way that I could know what year it was?

Lucky bastard.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/15/2005 12:36 am
ok, finally figured it out... this guitar was made in either 1964 or 1965... it's a vintage mustang! and this is according to the fender website too. so, I know it's legit. oh man, I only wish I could keep it.
my spyspace
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/15/2005 2:01 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsok, finally figured it out... this guitar was made in either 1964 or 1965... it's a vintage mustang! and this is according to the fender website too. so, I know it's legit. oh man, I only wish I could keep it.

Move out of town?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/15/2005 4:31 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsMove out of town?

I don't get it... what's with the question mark?
my spyspace
# 5
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
07/15/2005 5:24 am
I got a hand-me-down skeleton of one from my uncle. It's a '67, but it's nothing but wood and frets right now. I don't know how you found out the year, but mine had absolutely no markings on it left, since it had been spraypainted, stripped and then varnished with furniture stuff losing all plastic, metal and electronic pieces along the way, thus I had to take off the neck and look at the factory stamp there. It's my (too) slow developing project...I look forward to the day of playing it.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/15/2005 5:45 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdI don't know how you found out the year

http://www.fender.com/support/dating/fender_us_dating.php I took the serial number that was etched on the back of the headstock and it was L50201 then I looked at the chart on that website, and found it to either be a '64 or a '65
my spyspace
# 7
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/15/2005 3:08 pm
That's a good find. After I get my JEM, I hope to get a vintage guitar collection going. Starting with an original '59 Les Paul Gibson. mmmmmmmmmm
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/15/2005 7:18 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsand found it to either be a '64 or a '65

I found another website that said that a L55,000 and up was a 65, and below L55,000 was a 64... so, now I'm positive on it being a '64
my spyspace
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.