a little help over here!!!!

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
06/28/2005 10:08 pm
ok, so, I was playing my guitar last night at a band practice, and suddenly halfway through a song my guitars signal cut out and a loud buzzing came out, well, I reached down and wiggled the cable connecting into my guitar, and that fixed the problem for the rest of the night, however, when I tried to play my guitar this afternoon, the buzzing was back, but this time it didn't go away with a quick wiggle, at first I though that the input jack was loose, so, I tightened it. no help, so, I took my guitar apart to see if I could see the cause, and I see nothing. well, I finally unscrewed the input jack and saw that one wire is not connected. so I suppose that the quick fix is to just resolder that wire... however, I have no experience in soldering whatsoever, and I know no one that does. though I think my dad does own a soldering iron, but he is out of town and won't be back until saturday. but even though he owns one doesn't mean that he knows how to use it... so, what should I do, do you think that I could do this by myself if you guys walk me through it? also, I don't really know what else I need other then the soldering iron, flux or something like that? I dunno, but I do know that I only have about $6 that I can spend on this project, and I really wanted to get this adaptor to plug my guitar into my compuer which costs about $4. so, I'm hoping that I could do this for free, but if I have to, I'll give up the ability to record for the next week or so...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
shonenman
shonenman
06/29/2005 2:05 am
wow... i didn't need that much information to tell you that tape solves everything...
# 2
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/29/2005 3:48 am
your in luck if your going to solder i'm in grade nine so i took a tech course and now i know how to solder. you need solder(mix of tin, resin flux,and lead) the trick is to heat the wire that you're soldering, not the solder itself so the iron shouldnt be melting the solder. its the wire that should be melting it so you need to put the iron really close to the connection wait a little so the wires will heat up then put the solder on and that should be perfect. but if you want a quick fix go with the tape
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/29/2005 7:04 am
dont go with the tape..hehe, most shops I know will re-solder that for free, although maybe that is only because they all know me really well, I dunno. Make friends with atleast one dude in one shop next time!
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4
ren
ren
06/29/2005 8:40 am
try this :cool:

Should sort it for you... unless you have the shakes....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
06/29/2005 8:54 pm
Originally Posted by: zreynoldsptry this :cool:

Should sort it for you... unless you have the shakes....

Hey cool link...here's another one.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.