So what is really the difference between a Podxt and a Pod2.0?

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
06/20/2005 6:48 am
I was looking at them, and it really looks like a piece of equipment that I must have. I would really love to be able to record with it, considering that all I would need was the pod, the supplied usb cable, my computer, and the supplied software.... that's correct isn't it? that's what I understood when I read it... but I would also want this thing for gig use, and I read somewhere (i think in a review on this message board) that there is some kind of foot switch for banking up and down and also for volume and wah pedals, is this refering to the podxt live? or was there some other kind of foot controller. and before you mention, I already know that it will take some time to find a good tone, but that's ok, I have some time. so, what am I actually getting by spending the extra $100 for the xt rather then the 2.0?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
06/20/2005 1:37 pm
Personally I preffer the 2.0 for live use, because it's easier to set up and adjust on the fly, and sounds better. For recording I prefer the XT because of it's extremely realistic sounds. When I use the 2.0 live, I just use the FB4 4-button controller to change patches, and use my own wah and effects. With the XT you'd need the FBV shortboard (which is another $250 or so, unless you get it off ebay). Don't get me wrong, the XT sounds great for live use, but FOR ME the 2.0 works better. As far as recording via the XT's USB.... the sound quality really isn't that much better than the line outs (especially once the tracks are in a mix). I only use the USB for setting up patches with the editor, because it's just too much trouble using it for recording (for me that is). You also have to be able to hook you computer speakers/monitors to the XT's line outs when using the USB if you want to hear any playback.

Here's my take on the 2.0 and XT (YMMV!!!):

2.0 - instant gratification

XT - pull your hair our, curse profusely, threaten to destroy the little POS, then HOLY SMOKES! That sounds perfect! :D

One more thing to remember when using either of the POD's on your computer.... They are not supposed to sound like you are in the same room with the amp! They are supposed to sound like an amp in an isolation room being mic'd and you in the controll room listening to the mic'd amp through a set of monitors. This is where most people get let down. Once you come to terms with this, you will be just fine.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/20/2005 2:05 pm
I like both of them !!

I have the PodPro (for the V2) which has S/P DIF outs which I love !!

I have had no trouble recording with the XT USB thing however, Like PRSPlayer says I prefer the patches on the pod pre. The Soldano in 5b is hard to beat for balls out high gain meat !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.