Taco Bell

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/11/2005 11:47 pm
I just love taco bell, don't you. i mean whats better than taco bell?

Think outside the bun
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/12/2005 2:24 am
Originally Posted by: Poontang_clan... i mean whats better than taco bell? ...
[font=trebuchet ms]Uhg! Just about anything.

Taco Bell is to Tex-Mex as McChoke'n'spew is to grilled steak.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/12/2005 2:43 am
Hell yeah. I love taco bell. Granted I'm not going to defend it as a delicacy (I'm shameless with food), but do I love their food or what?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
Renisenb
Renisenb
06/12/2005 6:03 am
In the other thread I wasn't totally serious about the whole 'starting a thread about fast food' thing... I think it's funny someone actually did!

I like taco bell... it's just good food. I like lots of the 'family owned' food places here in TX too... they have some pretty mean Mexican food.

Pony... you've been to Oklahoma? Doesn't it suck big time? One of those places where you are always 'in the middle of nowhere'. I used to live there... in Ft.Smith to be exact. It's the kind of place where you run into people you know about 5 times every day, and people call you by name or if not then they address you as "darlin". And those cliche hicks are everywhere... the ones who smell of alcohol, drive around camouflage-clad pickup trucks with gun racks attached, and make late-night booze runs at WalMart. I could go on, as I lived amongst them for years, but I shall stop... rant alert!
# 4
Renisenb
Renisenb
06/12/2005 7:18 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneyeah, i've been through the middle of the country a few times and i barely touched the south when i took Route 66 from Chicago to LA from Boston. i spent much of my childhood in rural Oregon, a town called Madras in the middle of nowhere. i think the population is around 5k now but when i remember when it was about 2500.

here's a page with all sorts of exciting info on the place... http://www.city-data.com/city/Madras-Oregon.html they even have Ahern's on the front page. WOW. i remember that was the happening place when i was a kid; they had the Rambo arcade machine with the two Uzis and it was only about 10 years old at the time.

you get a lot of people going through due to the 26; lots of people travelling down from Seattle on their way to resorts in the area or Northern California. because of this a lot of new businesses have popped up; there's a brand new, huge Safeway which is kind of surreal. i mean they sell fake meat and chinese food there which is totally nuts. there's even a chinese restaurant there now, which is absolutely mind boggling.

i've had lots of exposure to urbanization and to the rural life; i'll take urbanization, thank you. i drive a lot, and i will go drive out to the middle of nowhere just for the hell of it, i go hiking and i definitely need my solitude, but when it gets right down to it we're social creatures and i need socialization. i like the variety that you get in urban areas.

i've found that a lot of the xenophobia that you get in small towns is because the people there assume that "big city folk" have negative assumptions about them. after they get used to you, you're okay, but the lack of new things happening just kills it for me. i mean, i like knowing that there are millions of people in my general area.

oklahoma was like anywhere else; people didn't seem to like us because our Saab had Massachusetts plates on it and they seemed kind of stand off-ish when we approached them with questions, but, i got a pair of really cool rodeo-style Levi's at this little outlet and the owner was amazed that we had real live parrots with us and that we were headed toward Los Angeles; when he found out i played guitar, he was like "well, wow, maybe someday i'll see you on TV or somethin' and be like 'hey, i sold some jeans to that guy!'" he'd also never seen a Saab before, and thought that because it was European, had a leather interior and a turbo, that it was an "exotic" kind of car.

just cultural differences. i love travelling; if i had the option, i'd spend a lot of time just driving all over North America, and some day, i will drive around Europe. the goal is to either motorcycle around or do it in a little old roadster, like an MG or Triumph of some sort. i'll settle for a rental 1.5l VW TDI though.

The lack of stuff going on does definitely ruin the experience... To this day I laugh when I look at tour dates for my favorite bands and they skip right across OK and go straight for TX. There are some really pretty rural areas... I'll admit... but the solitude gets to everyone's head it seems.

Okies are usually really prideful, or maybe that's the case with any small town, but some, like the man who sold you Levi's, are friendly and more open-minded. That encounter sounds exactly like something an okie would say... that is just hilarious right there. I recently went with my mom on a trip up there to visit family... just in our modest little Mazda 3 we got lots of looks and attention. Late one evening while cusing with the windows down (gotta love windows down cruising, eh?) blaring a little Collective Soul and this ricer rides up and nearly breaks his neck checking it out. I've found that people are less inhibited to walk up and ask you about your car in a smaller town... whereas in a larger urban area they just go on with business.
# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
06/12/2005 3:57 pm
Two orders of nachos, two chicken quesedillas, a half pound beef combo burrito and possibly a soft taco or three = happy Rask.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/12/2005 4:30 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI want Taco Bell to come to the U.K. :(
[font=trebuchet ms]What? A Big Mac attack from McChoke'n'spew wasn't enough to put you off?[/font] :eek:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 7
Renisenb
Renisenb
06/12/2005 4:36 pm
No worries Akira... just get some Mexican food recipes and cook something up!
# 8
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
06/12/2005 4:51 pm
Originally Posted by: RenisenbNo worries Akira... just get some Mexican food recipes and cook something up!

See, I consider "Mexican Food" and "Taco Bell" two entirely different things.

And so I like both for different reasons.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 9
Lazerjeebs
Lazerjeebs
06/12/2005 6:24 pm
Being 1/2 Mexican, I have to agree - Taco Bell and Mexican food are kinda 2 different things. But I DO like Taco Bell!!! :)

I lived in England for 8 years (Suffolk) while in the U.S. Air Force. Hated the non-availability of Mexican fast food.

I like to order the double decker tacos and gorditas and bean burritos. :p
:cool:
Everything is OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end.
# 10
Renisenb
Renisenb
06/12/2005 6:35 pm
True, very true... but if I am craving some home made enchiladas or something, Taco Bell usually suffices and satisfies the same craving.
Good Lord this thread is making me hungry!

Am I alone or does anyone else here eat a full-blown meal about every 2 hours?
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/12/2005 8:23 pm
My big thing was the cheesy gordita crunches. I loved those things. But all the taco bells I know of have discontinued them. Is that lame or what?

Furthermore, Akira, the comment is excellent. As much as I like taco bell, I consider it just what you described it to be.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 12
Renisenb
Renisenb
06/13/2005 4:46 am
No more talking about food Pony! Stop it! Please! It's torment... I want to eat... eat... eat! And you are not helping one bit!
# 13
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/14/2005 3:24 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsMy big thing was the cheesy gordita crunches. I loved those things. But all the taco bells I know of have discontinued them. Is that lame or what?

yea what happened to the gorditas i didnt even get to try one like one day i was gonna go to taco bell to get a gordita and the they were gone. WTF.. but now its 3 taco supremes 2 soft 1 hard. "mexican style" Apple pie,and those all you can drink fountain drinks are great Fries supreme with all the cheese and sour cream and tomato and onion. Oh God its great if it was close enough to walk there id be 400 pounds by now.
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 14
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/14/2005 3:33 am
I had taco bell earlier today. Just a few hours ago. I found a place that didn't discontinue the cheesy gordita crunches. Killer ****. So naturally I landed two of them. And apparantly I need to have a discussion with the employees about what I mean when I ask for a "****load" of hot sauce.

Hulk Smash!!

# 15
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
06/14/2005 3:39 am
90% of my sustenance back in my college years came from Mexican Pizzas from T-Bell. In fact, Taco Bell used to be my favorite fast food restaurant. However, I went to one here in Memphis a few months ago. I was about to place my order when I noticed a gigantic cockroach crawling on the wall behind the order whore.

Pregnant mothers would kill to have their soon-to-be newborns come out as large and healthy as this abomination. A cockroach that size must've been pretty old, and I instantaneously conjured up images in my mind of cockroach breeding lairs in the ground beef bucket. I was repulsed and instantly lost my appetite. I walked out the door and I've never returned. I generally hate fast food and maybe get it once a month tops, but now Taco Bell has joined KFC on my boycott list.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 16
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
06/14/2005 3:40 am
I liked taco bell a lot more before I actually went to Mexico and had the real thing (I did volunteer construction work in Juarez).

Anyone here boycotting the bell?
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 17
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/14/2005 3:51 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiI liked taco bell a lot more before I actually went to Mexico and had the real thing (I did volunteer construction work in Juarez).

Anyone here boycotting the bell?

The slaves should be grateful to be able to pick tomatoes for the bell.

Hulk Smash!!

# 18
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
06/14/2005 5:32 am
Yep, for the money Taco Bell rocks. Although my ultimate favorite food would have to be the genre of breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage and bacon,mmm...I wish Taco Bell would have breakfast tacos and such, all day too. I mean breakfast is good anytime. I hate that ole' "we stop serving breakfast at 10:00" crap.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 19
Renisenb
Renisenb
06/14/2005 5:35 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdYep, for the money Taco Bell rocks. Although my ultimate favorite food would have to be the genre of breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage and bacon,mmm...I wish Taco Bell would have breakfast tacos and such, all day too. I mean breakfast is good anytime. I hate that ole' "we stop serving breakfast at 10:00" crap.

Mmm... biscuits and gravy! My grandma makes some mean biscuits and gravy... and she taught me how to. Needless to say, since then, I have been making AND eating LOTS of biscuits and gravy...
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.