GEORGE LYNCH

Starwood81
Starwood81
04/21/2001 1:46 am
Hi I am 20 years old, I have been playing for quite a while now and I am a big fan of George Lynch anybody here into him??
# 1
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/22/2001 2:01 am
*I saw him play last year in a small club with his latest "Lynch Mob"......They sounded more like "Lynch (Rage) against the Machine" !!!! YUK !!! BUT, When he went into "Mr. Scary", I was about 1 FOOT away from him and believe me, he wailed the PHUCKING SCHIT outa that 2 neck ESP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (FYI, He was using 4 Hi-Watt heads and half stax....Only 2 were actually on and miked.....He had a few stompers, but had a pretty straight forward sound...)....Get this: He was clad (Head to foot) in sweat pants and work-out gear (INCLUDING Sweatshirt hood over his head!!)...VERY Cheesy.....I was drunk as hell and after the show, snuck around out back and just walked right into his bus......He was like all laid back and on his cell phone and he's like (in a quiet voice)"Hey, this is my home and you guys (my buddy was with me)just walk right in"....I was like "Yeh, dude...But dig this !!! We came a long way to see you and we're HARDCORE Lynch fanz"...I whipped out some OLD Dokken stuff (including promo-stuff that BLEW him away !)asked him to sign some stuff...He signed our Cd's and albums and was like "Is that ALL now?" (like he wanted us to split)....I told him that I've watched him play from day one (in CA) and that he shouldn't forget to maybe some time come off the high horse and maybe just spend a couple minutes talkin' to a few fans....No biggie...We just walked away from him and you could tell that what I said hit home with him.......One of his newest CD's that he just signed for me, I just tossed it on the drivers seat on the way out......I still dig his playing though :D

[Edited by LEEtheV on 04-21-2001 at 10:12 PM]
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 2
zepo
zepo
04/22/2001 2:04 am
Who could ever forget Dokken with lynch in the lead, one of the best hairbands that i can remember.
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."
# 3
Rama
Rama
04/22/2001 5:04 am
Hey!!!
I love George Lynch`s dark tri-toned-sound!!
..I like others, too...of course
I like players like him, who have their own voice...
If I hear some tune with a lot of players in it, included him, sure I would recognize Lynch...
He has great chops, and hardly repeats a phrase when improvising

I`m from Argentina

It`s far....isn`t it?

he!

Khyron
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.