Time signatures

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/12/2005 6:47 pm
Ok, I've had pretty much little experience with things beyond 4/4 and what I have done hasn't been too elaborate, but something I made last night came out flying in something like 4 or 5 different time signatures and constantly switched back and forth. Overall it really doesn't sound bad, though I haven't added percussion yet. My question is is there anything I ought to be taking into consideration when flying from one signature to another? I get the idea that I ought to, at least in the rhythm department (something I don't know enough about). Some of the signatures are odd and others aren't. Also, there are some tempo changes, but I don't think (to my memory anyway) that any of the tempo changes occure at the same time as time signature changes... if that changes anything... assuming that any of this even means something.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
05/21/2005 4:17 am
No rules man! Led Zeppelin's "The Ocean" off "Houses of the Holy" is in 15/8. It's crazy! Go to www.GuitarVoice.com (free registration) and check out Jamie Glaser's lesson on Reading Music (lesson 2). He's got a whole section in there about time signatures.

Hope this helps!
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.