HI guys teen chick looking for attention :)

linzloo
linzloo
04/17/2001 1:14 am
Hello guys. I just wanted to say hello to everyone, I just rented a guitar for my birthday and started lessons. I'm trying to understand the whole guitar lingo but it's all jargon to me. I don't really have anything to say I just wanted to belong in a group that's why I joined and I wanted to be noticed that's why I'm writing this. Quick little question though my little hands are having problems with the C open major triad, any suggestions??
-Lindsay :)
Just get up and do it, then you'll feel better :)
# 1
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
04/17/2001 1:28 am
Angle your fingers towards the frets rather than the usual approach. \\\ rather than !!!. If I could draw a picture I would, but that's as good as it's gonna get.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 2
blackrose
blackrose
04/18/2001 12:58 pm
The way I learned to do the C chord was to do an excercise that involved placing your fingers in the position for theC chord and lifting them up& puting them back down all at once. If one finger comes down before the others than try slower until you get it. If the whole thing sounds stupid, trust me. It works. Somehow it just rams the whole concept of the C chord into your brain.
# 3
Fender Man
Fender Man
04/21/2001 1:23 am
This is what I tell everyone, who tryies to learn chords. You must practice and make sure you can hear every note clearly before you go onto other things. Strike each string and make sure you can hear each note clearly.
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix
# 4
zepo
zepo
04/22/2001 1:53 am
What you can do is pull a Kirk and just make up your own chord that sounds similar.
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."
# 5
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/24/2001 2:57 am
*You should CRANK the DISTORTION and learn to play "You shook me" (All night long), by AC/DC....You"ll stumble upon a relationship with the G, C, D.........And the open chord transition from the G to the C......You don't HAVE to be so literal with learning the chords...(But it IS advisable so you don't learn screwy bad habits.....)...Have fun :D
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 6
Ricochet
Ricochet
04/25/2001 3:21 am
Well, Lindsay, I'm a 45 year old guy who just started lessons too. I've got the opposite problem. My hands are big, and it's hard to fret just one string without muting the ones next to it. Arching the fingers properly for some of the hand-buster chords is a problem for me, too. I've had to come up with alternative fingerings for a couple that I just couldn't reach the way I was shown. Maybe if I'd started younger...

My 13 year old boy started way ahead of me (about the beginning of December) and can play rings around me!

I'm really digging learning music theory. Suddenly a great light has dawned on me: You don't have to have some mysterious intuition as to "what sounds good" to improvise a solo, accompany someone or compose a tune. You just have to learn some basic rules and practice lots! Wow! :)

Keep it up and have fun!

John
"Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. " (Psalms 95:2, NIV)
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.