Peavey Raptor

Joseph
Joseph
04/16/2001 4:08 am
I have a friend, he plays professionally, and he lives nd dies by this instrument, (which was narurally modeled after The Fender Strat.) Its not so much that the price attracts him, but he likes the natural feel, his main instruments are the raptor and the predator. My neighbor has A Raptor, and I must admit compared to a Slammer, Hammer, Aria, it definitely has a much better feel and tone. I mean with the right guitar pedal, this guitar just might be what you beginners are looking for. I mean, when we're first starting out of course we wan't to sound loud, but comfort is very important, so comfort wise what do you think of this instrument? I think its neat...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/22/2001 8:37 pm
I just don't like the way most Peavey's feel. Other than that they're fine. I have a friend who's workhorse is a Peavey Ferenza (last time I saw him playing, he used this more than his SRV strat).
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
04/22/2001 8:57 pm
Yeah, theres something about this instrument that makes a lot of people feel comfortable, (i guess its more then because of the fact that its inexpensive and easy to replace.) I know someone who travels alot, and he writes songs all of the time, so he keeps his raptor in the truck for emergencies, hes gotten so used to this instrument and its overall feel that he uses it often for demonstrations when teaching his students. There are a lot of musicians who really pride themselves for their flashy instruments (especially when having over), but sometimes all you need is a good Peavey Raptor to get the job done. i like this instrument myself, but nothing beatrs my strat..I think this instrument is the perfect choicefor anyone whos first starting out on guitar...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.