View post (Music/lyrics?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
05/09/2001 4:09 am
I always write, (well at least for the most part) I write music and lyrics separately. I have several note pads piled up to the sky with unfinished passages etc, every now and then I pick a few lines here and there and add it to a melody that ive been working on, the rest usually takes care of itself. When it comes to writing music and lyrics, they can both be equally challenging, because we all get side tracked every now and then, and sometimes what seems like our best idea yet turns into rubbish. The trick is to never throw anything out, and to try and work within the moment, once a song is finished. I try not to dwell on the finished project, I just ask myself whether or not its good enough, and then I work on something else. Its safe to say that whether or not its music or lyrics, I'm always looking for a way to improve my work, which isnt always a healthy process. Because sometimes as we constantly try and re-work our songs, we end up steering clear from our original idea, and thats something that we definitely don't wan't to lose.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."