Peavy

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/10/2005 11:47 pm
I have a peavy 112 transtube efx (witch im tradin in for the 212 as said elsewhere) I had it on the floor in my mom's room and it sounded okay, i figure the sound was fine since the guitar isn't the greatest. I moved it on top of a metal fileing cabinet to keep it out of the way, i noticed after doig so it sounded A LOT better. It was like the guitar fairy gave my amp a tune up, any explanations? By the way, when i get the 212, Is it a tube or solid state amp, I'm a little weak on amp type info, anyway to tell?
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/11/2005 1:33 am
If the 2x12 is the same series as your 1x12 then it wont be a tube amp.

When you have your amp directly on the floor it can make things kinda muddy, but when it's off the ground it will have a tighter tone.

I like to install caster's on my amps which keeps them off the ground, and makes them easier to move around.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
04/11/2005 5:30 pm
A filing cabinet is mostly hollow, so maybe it's acoustically projecting some of the sound. This effect (if any) is probably minimal, but I thought I'd mention it.

On a similar note, when I'm bored sometimes I'll walk around with my tuning fork and see what kind of surfaces really resonate. Placing it on the top of yer skull, you can hear the tone. My cats hate that!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/11/2005 6:27 pm
Plastic milk bottle crates, they are brilliant. Natural amp risers !

If you want to go a little further up-market than a company called Auralex make something called a GRAMMA isolation pad. They are good also.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.