Drinking II

KRUNO
KRUNO
04/09/2005 10:37 am
I thought that only in Croatia musicians drink a lot. But after reading a few of your threads, I realized that I was wrong...
Dont know why but in our country only drummers drink more than guitarists.
I can drink like a f******* camel, but i had a drummer who could put me under the table at any time. Anyhow, since you guys do drink, (a lot i supppose),
I am cuorius what kinds of dink do you drink? Any typical drinks that guys from Texas drink? Or guys from New York? Any funny/interesting things happended to you when you were drunk? you know, a guy type of chat. Like in a bar.
Oh yeah, and the eversastin question: (ta-ta-ta-ta!)
How much can you drink? Cause, int he end, it finally comes to that. Putting the other guy under the table, right?
# 1
spiritinthesky2
High Bandwidth
spiritinthesky2
High Bandwidth
04/09/2005 12:35 pm
I don't drink anymore but when I did I became a real a**hole so it definately hurt my social life. As for how much I could drink, I'm not really sure because I was a blackout drinker. My favorite was beer and double shots of bourbon. I know I would regularly spend 6 or more hours at the bar daily (depending on any chemical help i had)I heard stories from people I knew about things I did but have no real 1st hand memory of doing them.. I just got tired of waking up in jail cells and people's lawns so I stopped.
[FONT=Arial]Champane taste and caviar dreams will leave you broke every time![/FONT] :cool:
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/09/2005 12:41 pm
I drank once in highschool, like, my freshman or sophmore year I think it was. I haven't drank since and I've been out of school for roughly 2 years now.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/09/2005 1:41 pm
I used to drink a lot. Like a lot 8-10 pints followed by, well anything really. It didn't do me any favors ! I had my drinking buddies and we used to enjoy raising a bit of hell ! I think several of them who continue "the wild life" are developing quite severe problems and some have just gone nuts, which is sad.

As for favorite drink, these days I like single malt whisky, G&Ts, good brandy and the occasional beer (Blue Moon, Newcastle Brown, Guinness though I don't mind cooking lager). Wine I have to be careful with !

Now I am married all that has changed. I quit smoking (everything) and just don't get hammered. Im a lot happier with my life which .

Drinking can be fun, but it can also cause problems. If those problems are fun good. If not, have a good long think about why !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/09/2005 3:43 pm
I drink a lot of bourbon (especially Wild Turkey 101 and Knob Creek, some Maker's Mark, too), gin and tonics, Twisted Teas (because I hate beer) and even the ocaisional Woodchuck Hollow hard cider if I think my stomach is up for that kind of abuse.

If I feel so inspired, I can put down a fifth of Wild Turkey in a night, but usually I'll drink maybe half that.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
AIC
AIC
04/09/2005 4:27 pm
Well the Danes have the record for youth drining, not the best record to have I guess, and I am a youngster in Denmark. I think I can take around 20 beers on a evening, not much though compared to some of my friends, but I don't like to pass out completely - whats the fun of drinking then.

cheers
# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/09/2005 4:41 pm
[font=trebuchet ms]In my 20's and 30's, I put away some astounding amounts of booze. Some of my exploits are chronicled in threads on this forum.

Not any more. I still have a pint or two just about every day, but that's it. I used to drink so much dark rum & Pepsi that it scared my friends. I avoided getting sucked down the toilet of alcoholism purely by good luck and Scottish ancestry.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 7
crazyguy
crazyguy
04/09/2005 4:47 pm
I drink mainly because I need to lower my standards for having a good time. When I go out (almost every saturday) I know I'll end up in some s**thole listening to music ranging from tolerable to braindead, so it's best to start drinking early to get the best of it.
My personal favorite is almost any beer and some hard liquor like home-made brandy (it's not quite what you'd call brandy in the states, rakija for Kruno, yes, yes, another Croatian guitarist with booze affiliation, that type seems to be the only one that thrives under this climate). Occasionally I enjoy some good wine, but that's more barbecue/picnic related.
When I'm in the mood , either 1l bottle of brandy, 4l of beer, or something in between makes me extremely sociable, but I've never had any alcohol related problems. No fights, no jail, no girls I wouldn't have touched sober, no health issues whatsoever, not even problems with parents. I've learned my limit and how not to cross it (though I sometimes do for variety and brain-distortion).
Impendance is fruitfull
while the buttons are circled.:eek:
# 8
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/09/2005 5:23 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms] I used to drink so much dark rum & Pepsi that it scared my friends[/font]

I once brought a bottle of Woods 100 back up from London to Newcastle.

Went the the boozer, drank larger 'till kicking out time and then produced the bottle of Woods. Me and some friends finished it and had a very interesting night.

The highlight (I think) was Bob having a row with his girlfriend and knocking him self out in the garden with a cricket bat, just to make his point !

very scary stuff dark rum !!
# 9
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/09/2005 5:46 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simon... very scary stuff dark rum !!
[font=trebuchet ms]Hence my assertion that "A Celt ain't drunk 'less he's broken the last blade of grass that was holdin' him onto the face of God's green earth!"

I found that I could even ride out a bad case of the 'spins' if I had a good grip on the turf. But I had to quit drinking tequilla because with that stuff, the spins were vertical![/font] :eek:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
KRUNO
KRUNO
04/09/2005 6:48 pm
[QUOTE=crazyguy]I (it's not quite what you'd call brandy in the states, rakija for Kruno, yes, yes, another Croatian guitarist with booze affiliation, that type seems to be the only one that thrives under this climate).

EJ STARI, DRAGO MI JE UPOZNAT HRVATA!! Javi se, ko si, kaj si, otkud točno i to. Malo da se čujemo.
As for the rest of you guys... i can drink a liter of any hard liquor per night.
Scotch, vodka, cognac... you name it. I don"t cause troubles when i"m drunk, in fact I think i made more friends drunk than solber. Here are some drinks that are
kind of tradition in my country. And also a croatian words for them, if any of you guys happen to find himself here.

gemiŔt- white vine and mineral water
bevanda - white vine and normal water
beton - white wine and sprite
miÅ”-maÅ”- Fanta with red vine. first you pour Fanta and then red vine and that doesn"t mix in a glass if you pour slowly and it looks cool.
bambus- red vine and cola
rakija- original croatian hard liquer... something like Whiskey but it is mostly made out of fruits... and it kills "bout 20000 brain cells per minute. Great stuff
amaro-herbal liquer... kinda sweet taste, but when it hits you, man!!
# 11
kingdavid
kingdavid
04/09/2005 6:48 pm
I don't hanker after alcohol, and will go for months without drinking (circumstances matter) but when I do drink, I can be stupid. Imagine drinking 4.2% beer until you pass out. That's gotta be a lot of booze. I don't like getting drunk to the point I can't be sensible, then it's not fun. I like just getting to the airy part where you're beginning to feel the effects of the alcohol, you loosen up, but not quite drunk. My favourite amount of drunkeness is the level where if I was to pick up a woman (I said woman), I can rise to the occasion. But for the record, that rarely happens (the picking up a woman!! :eek: I can rise ANYTIME!! Where's the Johnny Bravo smily?)
# 12
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/09/2005 7:25 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Hence my assertion that "A Celt ain't drunk 'less he's broken the last blade of grass that was holdin' him onto the face of God's green earth!"

I found that I could even ride out a bad case of the 'spins' if I had a good grip on the turf. But I had to quit drinking tequilla because with that stuff, the spins were vertical![/font] :eek:

I haven't had the spinns for years !

Thats probably good !!
# 13
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
04/09/2005 7:38 pm
Generally speaking I only get tanked on Fridays when me and all my coworkers go to our local watering hole. Last night was one of my coworkers birthdays, so he was doing shots all night and just ended up obliterated. I haven't looked forward to a birthday in a long time because, honestly, I get scared about all the shots I have to do. Drinking till you puke isn't fun for me anymore :(
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 14
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/09/2005 10:42 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonI haven't had the spinns for years ![/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]I think my last session was in '92. I was at a Ride For Sight biker party, doing more tequilla-drinking than was strictly good for me. I knew I was in for a rough time when I realised I was sitting slumped up against a large tree, but I felt like I was constantly falling over backwards. Like that feeling you get when you tip your chair back just a little too far, and it tips over - except that I wasn't moving; I just felt like it. Not fun.[/font]

[QUOTE=Dr_simon]Thats probably good !!
[font=trebuchet ms]Oh, yeah. Some things shouldn't happen more than once, to anybody.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/09/2005 10:48 pm
Biker parties...oohhh we have used to play / do the sound at MAG meetings.

They were always.... interesting !!
# 16
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/09/2005 11:02 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonBiker parties...oohhh we have used to play / do the sound at MAG meetings.

They were always.... interesting !!
[font=trebuchet ms]Even just the things I can remember make for some great stories![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 17
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/09/2005 11:20 pm
Even the Saturday morning party games (throw the piston, run round the pole after downing a pint "in one" and then trying to run in a striate line) were brutal !!

But I wouldn't swap being married !!
# 18
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/09/2005 11:41 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonEven the Saturday morning party games (throw the piston, run round the pole after downing a pint "in one" and then trying to run in a striate line) were brutal !!

But I wouldn't swap being married !!
[font=trebuchet ms]Ah, yes... "Bite The Weiner" and "Find The Potato" were always fun to watch!

I ride 'rice', so I was never allowed to enter my FJ1200 in any of the contests, but I was quite happy about that. The tractor-pulls and tire-drag races were just frickin' brutal on machines and riders. Watching drunken fools (most of whom can't ride well sober, either) trashing 30 - 40 thousand-dollar bikes didn't fill me with any urge to join in.

The barrel races, now, I coulda' cleaned up there. Hawgs don't corner very well![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.