View post (Doom Tres!)

View thread

Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/05/2005 5:58 pm
No, that is just the point I just cant be bothered and I don't want to.

I am not a computer technician and never will be. I am a musician and a scientist and I doint want to spend half my very valuable time screwing round with recalcitrant electronics.

I just want it to work, that is why I use a Mac. They are not perfect but they are 10 times better than PCs, for my application. I know I have waisted an inordinate amount of money on both.

i use a Mac cos I cant be bothered with all the PC guff. I want to sit down and do work, not sped two hours figuring out what is wrong with my computer, screw around with configurations and all the other things that quite frankly detract from time spent being productive.

Yes, I could lean all about PCs, but Id rather be write guitar lessons, or scientific papers or do anything else that doesn't involve me wanting to throw the computer out the window.

SO, my personal experience is that, given the way I work and my level of user knowledge is that I, currently hate loth and detest PC and only marginally dislike Macs.

As for aesthetics, well I wouldn't let them influence a buying decision, though I do think MAcs look a million times batter than PCs !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS