View post (Doom Tres!)

View thread

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/05/2005 4:09 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonI used to think that before I tried one.

That's all I used at school in middle school and high school. Two of my best friends are die hard mac users. I'm not basing my opinion of macs merely on their tacky design.

What they don't do is crash every 5 min, get slowed down by unwanted software, and killed regularly by viruses.

Learn to manage your computer better. I don't mean you personally, I mean everyone who uses that argument. You should never get spyware, viruses, or any other unwanted software on a good computer regardless of if it uses windows or OSX. All it takes to avoid them is a little responsibility.

I have never had problems with any windows computer I have ever owned crashing since windows 3.1. I have literally had over a dozen macs running various versions of the mac os sh*t themselves out on me at school, although it's only happened once with osx. I have to admit I like quite a few things about osx.

You don't have to spent half your time dinking about with them tying to get a peripheral or a network connection to work.

I've never had any problems with either of those using either a windows based computer or a mac.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.