Hi everybody. Another newbie just arrived!

marayo
marayo
03/25/2005 2:01 am
Hi,
About a month ago I bought my first guitar. I started practicing with the book "you can teach yourself guitar" by Melbay. The problem I found is that I don't know most of the songs because I am a mexican and those examples seem to have traditional american songs. I can follow but without having idea of how the rythm should go I get bored. I decided to attack the web and search for lessons and tabs of songs that at least I can recognize. Most of the music I found I can't follow. Sometimes I can practice just a small part but not the complete song. Do you guys know songs that they are good for begginers to follow? So far I can do "clocks" by Coldplay, "Dust in the wind" by Kansas, "One" by U2, "simple man" by shinedown (still need more practice) and some parts of bands like ACDC, Guns an Roses, etc.. As you can see I have a wide variety, please help.

I am slowly keeping up with the lessons offered here. In the future I might sign for highbandwith lessons.

Thanks for your help.
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/25/2005 2:19 am
How about Malegeuna. That was one of the first song I learned. If you can't find a tab for it mabey I'll tab if for you.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.