View post (Guns n' Roses, Old or New?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/15/2001 1:52 am
Personally, Ide rather lisen to Slash's Snake Pit instead of the new Guns N Roses line-up. What attracted me to the band to begin with was the amazing blend of two very talented musicians who worked well together, thats why it didn't bother me that much when they replaced the other guys because they got strong replacements, but its very hasrd to replace a musician like Slash or Axle, two guys to create so much energy once they're up on stage. Anything less is just half ass. I'm still waiting for another record with the same amount of intensity as Use your Illusion 1, November Rain is a great composition. But with the New Guns N Roses line up, (without Slash), the people are forced to focus entirely on Axles' agressiveness, and after a while it gets kind of old. Without Slash this band is taking a step down from regaining the intensity they once possessed.

Its not so muchg that I'm hanging ont the past but I think Axle is just fooling himself ith this new project, where he has once again let his ego overrule his better judgement. I mean why would we wan't tp settle for anything less than Slsh, especiallty if we thoroughly enjoyed the overall arangments years go... But everything seems final now, and it looks like theres no turning back. But still, this is rock and roll, and just about anything can transpire..

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."