View post (ugh I need a gig amp badly)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/22/2005 1:22 pm
My cousin has the mg100dxf 2x12 version, and he seems to like it pretty good, though I've never heard it. The thing about tube ams, is that it takes fewer tube watts to get as loud as solid state watts, i.e. 50 tube watt's will be every bit as loud as 100 solid state watts if not louder. Plus you can alway's swap out the tubes and speakers for a different tone or more clean headroom. To me, solid state amps seem to fart out (for lack of better description) the louder they get, but tube amps just get sweeter and sweeter the louder they get. I defanately suggest saving up a little more money to get a better amp, than just setteling with what you can get now. You will thank your self later! In the mean time if your amp isn't loud enough, does your church band go through a PA? If so, and you're using an effects unit that models amps and cabinet's, then just run one of the outputs directly to the PA.
Here's another amp that might be worth looking into: Pignose
or this one: Blues Jr.
or this one: Ampeg

I would love to have each one of those amps! And I promise they will be louder than you think, and much louder than your current amp.

Good luck, and have fun with your search! ;)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<