View post (ugh I need a gig amp badly)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/20/2005 10:02 pm
trying to play a gig with a 15 watt practice amp is no fun! trust me, I can barely hear myself and I'm standing right in front of my amp. the people in the back of the room definately can't hear me, and I'm being drowned out by the acoustic to my right, the acoustic to my left, the acoustic behind me, and the bass kinda behind me and to the left... interesting band I know, but trying to fit that many people on that stage is hard. anyways! I need a gig amp. and as much as I would love a marshall half stack, or a mesa boogie, I kinda can't afford one. I saw this one amp on musicians friend, here, it didn't get a single bad review, and it seems really good for the price, but I just randomly saw it, I don't have my heart set on it. please please recommend some amps in the 100-200 watt range, preferablly with more than one speaker, combo or half stack, it doesn't need to have effects, I'll be running my effects peddle through it. I just need more VOLUME, but I don't want to get something with crappy tone either, it doesn't need to be the best of the best tone, just not crap. I'd like to stay under $250 if at all possible, I may be able to stretch to 300 if there is an awesome amp that is way underpriced. please help me out guys
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace