Your best friend...

Joseph
Joseph
04/07/2001 2:01 am
Just out of curiosity, how do you write most of your songs, on an acoustic or an electric guitar.?

When I first started out, for the first few years, I used to practice for hours on my electric guitar with the tape recorder running, (and then days later I would just take a good listen for my strong parts.) But as the years progress, I guess we all tend to think differently, (not only pertaining to music, but with people as well).:eek: For alot of people change is considered to be unhealthy, where they feel it will set their mind off track. But as a guitarist, if we don't change our approach every now and then, we just might wind up recording the same type of songs over and over again. For the past few years, my old no named acoustic is my main guitar for writing and recording, (not to mention my Martin Backpacker for those long trips.) But the thing is, when writing songs, I try to keep things very simple, without anything too fancy where i can rely solely on my original idea. Good ideas come and go, but its important do whatever it takes to hold onto them.

-Joseph

[Edited by Joseph on 04-06-2001 at 10:05 PM]
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/07/2001 11:54 am
on a keyboard
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.