Well holy crap, my sweeping almost rocks the party

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/07/2005 3:28 am
So I began practising sweeping a bit more regularly and with bigger arpeggios than usual and holy crap if it didn't take a phenomenal jump over the last 3 days. I went from being able to luckily sweep on 3 strings to taking on 5 strings both ways at higher speeds. I must be doing something right.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Guitarro777
Guitarro777
03/07/2005 6:07 am
yeah i believe sweeping is on of the hardest but funnest techniques i havestill yet to master. Have fun and make sure they're clean.
Practice 8 hours a day and God Bless you.
# 2
alucard0941
alucard0941
03/07/2005 5:40 pm
I can sweep just about every arp, but I cannot accend on a five string arpeggio.

AARRRRRHRRR
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/07/2005 7:23 pm
My current practice routine with sweeping actually includes 5-string ascention and descention. It's getting there.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/08/2005 1:28 pm
From my experience over the last few days (in which was the time my sweeping took a phenomenal jump) I've gathered that getting rest helps and eating meatloaf. Now, the meatloaf might seem odd, but I'm not going to argue what happened last night. I was sitting in my room practicing sweeping and my mom said "Hey asshole, there's food upstairs". So I went up and ate the meatloaf that remained and when I went back down to practice more it was a eureka moment. I even managed to do some full 6 string sweeping relatively clean and my 5 string sweeping had taken a noticable step up in quality and speed. Still tricky, but sure isn't my first day sweeping.

Hulk Smash!!

# 5
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
03/08/2005 9:08 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI was sitting in my room practicing sweeping and my mom said "Hey asshole, there's food upstairs".

Haha....I thought my Mom was the only one that called her son asshole!!
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2005 4:07 am
Oh my mom's the worst, if she feels like it she'll veer the dinner table to talk about how I was an accident... not really, but that'd be pretty funny and/or ****ed up if she did

Hulk Smash!!

# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/12/2005 8:14 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneso now for the benefiet of someone who's good at a three string sweep (asc and desc), but not so great at a 5 string sweep... would you care to share one of the sweeps you've been using (tabs/notes/etc)?

Nathan Hahn and the Jonezter both have good exercises for those length sweeps.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/13/2005 9:49 pm
Oh, I'm not really doing anything too dramatic, at least not for a still beginner at sweeping. You know, a basic chord formation and just sort of flow it through the neck. I most use the C chord formation as it's not too tough to get started on and it doesn't use any finger rolling which is still a week point on some of my six string sweeping.

Hulk Smash!!

# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/16/2005 3:44 am
I found that when beginning sweeping (not to say I'm out of the beginners territory just yet) that's basically the attitude to keep, all in due time and it'll get all around better, but it's hard to get the ball rolling, best of luck to you.

Hulk Smash!!

# 10
Guitarro777
Guitarro777
03/16/2005 6:35 am
YEah that "C chord" shape and the minor version of that shape are easy. I was able to do them fast in a little while too. I have yet to master barre chord sweeps which require finger rolling. Also moving positions to different arpeggios is hard too.
Practice 8 hours a day and God Bless you.
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/16/2005 1:52 pm
I'm sort of getting the feel for the finger rolling thing. It certainly is tricky, but once you get the ball rolling it's not so bad. This obviously doesn't mean to say that the ball has much momentum for me.

Hulk Smash!!

# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.