feedback... is it really my fault?

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/26/2005 8:36 am
ok, so in the band that I'm in, occasionally we get some feedback... and they are trying to blame it on me, saying that I'm standing too close to the microphones... but, if my amp is on the other side of the room, would me standing too close to a microphone cause feedback on their p.a. system? I think it is because usually the feedback comes when the mics get too close to each other... but no one else seems to notice that, and they want to try to blame it on me. would having a guitar, even though the amp is far away, near a microphone (2 or 3 feet away) cause feedback on their p.a.?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/26/2005 9:18 am
Yes its all your fault(kidding!)

LOL,fights actually break out over this stuff.Take some time to walk around with the guitar near the mics,amp e.c.t.heck,do a lap around the place.Try to find the cause of it.If it really is the mics close together or something else then don't hesitate to show them.

If you really can't find the problem,then you can still eliminate it through the use of a feedback suppressor...a cheap behringer shark thing would work fine probly.
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
crazyguy
crazyguy
02/26/2005 11:40 am
Feedback is resonance of the source (guitar, mic) caused by loud speakers (which reproduce the source) nearby. Thus it can only occur between a guitar and an amp, or mic and P.A. For weird situations listen to Pantera's "Good friends and a bottle of pills" (drum signal is opening up guitars noise gate and causing feedback).
Impendance is fruitfull
while the buttons are circled.:eek:
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.