Although it's been said, many times, many ways, my amp's buzzing!

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/25/2005 6:00 am
ok... I know, I know, "not another topic about buzzing!" but I'm sorry. it's just that when I turn on the overdrive, and crank the gain, it has an unnoticable buzz at low volumes, but when the volume is cranked, there is a very loud buzzing noise, when I place my fingers on the strings the buzzing reduces some, but not all the way. now my guitar is set up s/s/h and when I have a single coil selected, the hum is much worse, and when I have my humbucker selected, it's not as bad, but still bad enough to annoy the hell out of me and anyone listening to me... now, this is a pretty cheap guitar and amp, but I was wondering if maybe it was just because my guitar has crappy pickups, and that if I replace the humbucker (which is the pickup I'm playing through 90% of the time), it should fix the problem, or if it is the amp, which is about a $50 solid state... I'm real sorry about having another topic about this, but it's important to me... cause I don't want to throw down a bunch of money on a new amp, if all I needed to do was replace a pickup... thanks for your help in advance
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/25/2005 6:26 am
[font=trebuchet ms]Although it's been said, many times, many ways, use the search function, and read the shielding instructions at GuitarNuts[/font]. :rolleyes:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/25/2005 6:50 am
You know... I did that, like right after starting this thread, I guess I should've done it before... lol. that guitar nuts thing inspired me to go take apart my guitar... lol. this sheilding technique sound like it would add up to costing a lot though, and the guitar itself only cost $140, so I'm deciding if it would be worth it...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 3
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
02/25/2005 4:09 pm
If the buzzing is not as loud when you touch the strings, there's probably a short somewhere in the wiring of the guitar.....as for the single coil pickup buzzing louder than the other pickups, it alway's will. The humbuckers are 2 single coils put together that cancel the hum, that's why they call them humbuckers. There will alway's be some extra noise the louder you crank an amp with overdrive, a noise gate may help some.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.