Guitarist Brian Welch leaves koRn

koRn_freAk
koRn_freAk
02/24/2005 6:47 pm
I just thought yaĀ“ll should know that,

koRn has parted ways with guitarist Brian ''head'' Welch, who has chosen, the lord jesus christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end. - www.korn.com

It saddens me to know that one of my favorite guitarist has left my favorite band, IĀ“ve been a fan for six years now, and it has come to this, but I still respect the manĀ“s wishes and I support him a hundred per cent. I wish all the best for him and his future as a priest.
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/24/2005 7:27 pm
He should hook up with POD.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/24/2005 8:05 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiHe should hook up with POD.

Or Stryper! :D

Am I the only one who remembers Styper?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/25/2005 5:04 am
Originally Posted by: LeedoggOr Stryper! :D

Am I the only one who remembers Styper?

Or Jars of Clay??

And yes, you are the only one, I've tried desperately to forget.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 4
BlindFire
BlindFire
02/25/2005 10:52 pm
WOW :eek: Was Korn some death-metal band? never really listend to them. But wow iam impressed don't see many rockers dedicating there life to Jesus Christ. Now isn't saying priest a little to much? he might be a preacher,i really dunno,but becoming a christian doesn't neccesarly mean being a priest. Wish the best of luck for him.
# 5
killerqueen
killerqueen
02/26/2005 1:46 am
i found jesus the other day... he was hiding at the back of my fridge.

he looked pretty chilly
Elvis Lives (in my basement)
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/26/2005 6:41 am
Originally Posted by: killerqueeni found jesus the other day... he was hiding at the back of my fridge.

he looked pretty chilly

how could he have been chilly? he had all that hair to keep him warm...

ha, jars of clay, haven't heard them in forever... the good christian bands already have awesome guitarists though, Project 86, Staple, EastWest, Relient K, etc...

but really, I don't think he should of quit just cause of that, unless the other band members were bugging him about it... I am a christian, and proudly admit that to the world, but I don't think that I would want to exclusively play in christian bands... especially if I was already part of an extremely successful band like korn... oh well
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 7
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/26/2005 7:30 am
i shouldnt laugh, cos its blasphemous but a line that springs to mind:

"let me tell you about a man/ you wont see him on mtv/ his name is jesus christ/ dont make me say it twice"

by smog, but i cant remember which song
# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/26/2005 9:09 am
Originally Posted by: BlindFireWOW :eek: Was Korn some death-metal band?

It was a death OF metal band, does that count? :rolleyes:
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 9
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/26/2005 9:10 am
pfft...Another sheep for the decieved flock.Why do people think they need to alter their daily lives to appease christ?If its a musical drive and desire of his that has him wanting to do christian music,then great,but most likley he is just falling 'in line' with orthodox teachings(which is heretical to gods true word)...

I feel compeled to share something(visit www.bible-truths.com to see where i'm coming from).How many here believe in eternal torment?Has anyone ever gave this idea any real thought?People often become 'born again' and 'saved',but this teaching of eternal hell forever and ever is never studied or looked into.You might hear a preachers 'opinion' on it,but rarley is it presented in depth with insight to the greek or hebrew.

'Hell' is actually a mistranslation from four other words...hades,gehenna,tartarus and sheol.people in scotland put their potatoes in 'hell'...

Anyone interested in what the truth is about heaven/hell/satan/lake of fire should check that site out...ive compared scriptures and find no fault(yes I suppose you could call me a 'christian')
Try once,fail twice...
# 10
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/26/2005 9:27 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartpfft...Another sheep for the decieved flock.Why do people think they need to alter their daily lives to appease christ?If its a musical drive and desire of his that has him wanting to do christian music,then great,but most likley he is just falling 'in line' with orthodox teachings(which is heretical to gods true word)...

I feel compeled to share something(visit www.bible-truths.com to see where i'm coming from).How many here believe in eternal torment?Has anyone ever gave this idea any real thought?People often become 'born again' and 'saved',but this teaching of eternal hell forever and ever is never studied or looked into.You might hear a preachers 'opinion' on it,but rarley is it presented in depth with insight to the greek or hebrew.

'Hell' is actually a mistranslation from four other words...hades,gehenna,tartarus and sheol.people in scotland put their potatoes in 'hell'...

Anyone interested in what the truth is about heaven/hell/satan/lake of fire should check that site out...ive compared scriptures and find no fault(yes I suppose you could call me a 'christian')

Your religion sounds a lot like mine. Welcome to Christadelphianism. But I think it would be best if we didn't light this fire now, Chuck. It'd be best if the word "heretical" was left out at least. Just...let it go, chuck, please.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/26/2005 11:25 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartWhy do people think they need to alter their daily lives to appease christ?[/QUOTE]
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)

[QUOTE=chucklivesoninmyheart]

ok I completely and totally disagree, but let's assume for one moment that that one word may have been not properly translated... how about this verse right here then?

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41)

I do believe that that above verse did not use that one 'misinterpreted' word, but yet got the point across, there is a place of everlasting fire, where God does send some people, where the devil and his angels are.... hmm... it may not be called 'hell' but hell is only a name for the place... ok... not convinced? here is another couple of verses for ya

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment,; but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:46)

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)

okay? I hope that help you to change your mind, cause it took me forever to find all that... sheesh! if you have any other 'disputes' with the Bible that you don't agree with, let me know, and I'll talk to some people who know alot more of the bible then I do, and I'll get back to you. I just don't want you to be mislead by something you found on the interenet. a lot of the stuff he is talking about is either out of context, or is taken from the old testament and everything was different in the old testament... basically it goes like this, if you sin, something has to be done to pay for that sin, in the old testament they sacrificied lambs and other animals... it's funny because Jesus was born in bethlehem, a town where they bread the lambs for sacrifice, he was born in a stable, like one of those sacrificial lambs would, and I'm sure you've heard Jesus referred to as "the lamb of God" so basically, Jesus was sacrificied much in the same way a lamb was, to take the penalty of sin, except Jesus was able to take the sin of every person in the world, who was, who is, and who is to come, and every sin in the world was paid for. so now all we have to do is believe that Jesus did die on the cross for everyone's sin, and confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord, then we will be saved... the key word there is "saved" to be saved, usually means you are being saved from something, in this case it is eternal damnation... I could try to look up some more verses to support these claims... oh boy, it's going to be a long night, but it'll be worth it if I'm able to change your mind... ok I found one...

If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9)

oh and by the way, that website was saying that the Bible never said anything about your soul going to heaven or hell when you die... now, I don't know of any Bible verses to support this, I'll look it up in a minute, but what I was taught at church by someone who has read the bible many many times over, in many many translations, was that when you die, God will judge us, and he will determine who goes into heaven, and who goes into hell, sin is absolutely not permitted into heaven. but check out this verse:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)

so how does anyone go into heaven? well, they have to have their sin forgiven.

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. (James 5:15)

Him (Jesus) hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and Saviour, for to give repentence to Isreal, and forgiveness of sins (Acts 5:31)

ok... whew, I'm exhausted... umm I think I made my point, I hope I didn't come across as one of those 'angry christians' I was actually doing this out of love, I wasn't upset. I don't know you all that well, so I don't know if you are the kind of person that can accept being wrong, or if you are going to keep pushing me on this... but like I said, feel free to challenge me anytime... I would be glad to point out some scripture verses to point you down the right path, and if I can't find any, I'll find someone who knows the bible a lot better than me... I don't want to start a religion war here. just trying to help you out. I want to meet you in heaven when I get there, maybe we can jam some time, I hear they have great guitars in heaven! lol. actually it says something in the bible about there being singing and worship when you get to heaven, so it actually isn't all that far-fetched to think that they aren't guitars in heaven, and if there aren't then I'm sure there will be some kind of new instrument that we don't have hear on earth. lol. ok.. it's now 3:30 in the morning, I think I started typing this around 1:30... so I spent 2 hours on it for you dude... lol. yeah.. ok, I'm going to go get some sleep!
my spyspace
# 12
Angus lover
Angus lover
02/26/2005 4:36 pm
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartAnyone interested in what the truth is about heaven/hell/satan/lake of fire should check that site out...

Isn't the truth about religion somewhat relative? Each person finds their own personal meaning in religious fundementals, and from there they can decide what THEY think is true. No one can dictate the absolute universal truth about any religion because we all have differing opinions. Thank you for sharing that website but I'd be careful what you advocate on a guitar forum.
# 13
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/26/2005 6:59 pm
The christian religion has become based on fear, for it's the only way they've had buyers is through the "You'll go to hell if you don't believe in us!" route. Man's idea of god is relative to his situation in life. Why do you think America is one of the least deeply religious countires in the world? We're RICH!

~Incidents
# 14
BlindFire
BlindFire
02/26/2005 7:40 pm
hmmm, lol i agree with you angus lover. America is religious, Blessed is the nation who follows my commands.( something like that). Let alone Christianity populates the world. 2nd is Islam. There is no direct route. Judisiam was one of the first religions in the world, then it evolved into christianity. Jesus was a real person, it was told from historical anthropologists. Written in several books, other than the bible. Many religions also state that Jesus was some good man or a prophet. So thats is my 2 cents. Lets leave religion out of a guitar forum. And no USA is not rich, we are in heavy debt trillions of dollars in loans etc.
# 15
killerqueen
killerqueen
02/26/2005 8:04 pm
Originally Posted by: Incidents Happen"You'll go to hell if you don't believe in us!"
~Incidents

Laughing all the way!
Elvis Lives (in my basement)
# 16
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/26/2005 10:14 pm
hold on incidents, your jewish arent you? Dont you believ in hell as well?

I dont see anything wrong with believing that you'll go to hell if you dont believe... wtf is the incentive to actually be a christian/ jew/ muslim then?

its not really an issue of reasoning, it's a bit like gravity, you cant reason with gravity, its just there, and we analyse it, and build models around what we've gathered about it... you dont invent laws of physics. You can show someone grounds to believe in your formulas, but if they dont believe in the phenomenon then there's not much you can do about it.. because a case for god isnt as easy to make, i dare say impossible to make conclusivley.. That's why i'm a theist agnostic..

It's just if you believe in god (like me), the idea of an innate truth being around is sort of unavoidable, and if you believe god sent his son (or messenger in my case) then what position are you to argue? if the rules are there, then they're there, there's not much room for discussion.. it's just that god has poeple's intrests at heart, and i'm not sure you could call something that bans murder, theft, lying, rape, etc as being something evil...
The problem is that some poeple can assume the position of somekind of representitive, and really abuse poeples beliefs...

I'm muslim myself, and i dont see what's wrong with believing in hell... I'm not putting anyone else in hell.. If it were upto me no one would go in (except poeple who change lanes without warning, or spam your inbox, or see that you wanna talk when your on the train/bus/plane and start reading the safty manaul, bastards).. But if the law has been laid down, and i'm powerless to stop it, what can i do? I dont have a problem with other poeple's beliefs or even actions (so long as they dont affect me directly), and if their belief include me going to hell cos i believe something different, then that's fine, they've not actually put me in hell..
# 17
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/26/2005 10:27 pm
sorry, I don't believe that a guitar forum is the best place for a religious conversation either... but just to say one more thing... I was just learning this in church actually, but the whole "You'll go to hell if you don't believe in us!" is what a lot of christians use to try to scare other people into becoming christians... but that isn't right, those people give christians a bad name and make it look like all we want is converts and money... but what they should be telling people is about God's love. about how Jesus self-lessly sacrificied himself so that you wouldn't have to burn forever... and it was no walk in the park! a lot of people can say that they would take a bullet for a loved one, but how many people can say that would take agonizing torture? and how many of those people actually mean it when they say it? anyway, I'm not trying to come off as one of those "angry Christians" who use pickets and bullhorns, trying to scare people with hell... I'm trying to show you at least a portion of God's love.
my spyspace
# 18
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/26/2005 10:39 pm
Originally Posted by: educatedfilmit's just that god has poeple's intrests at heart, and i'm not sure you could call something that bans murder, theft, lying, rape, etc as being something evil...

it's like I was saying to chucklivesoninmyheart in an e-mail earlier today... God doesn't want people to sin, but he gives us a free will... oh and by the way, all sin is still a sin in God's eyes... and he treats all sin the same... you can be a nice person your entire life, but that doesn't mean you haven't slipped at least once...

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)

so you can be a nice person, and never do anything horrible, but reject God, and still go to hell... on the other hand, a seriel killer could go to heaven if he asks for forgiveness of his sins and means it. heck, even marilyn manson could go to heaven if he repented. now, you have to look in the bible, and one person that God really really loved, King David, had committed adultry, he had murdered, and had done various other sins... but yet he was still "a man after God's own heart"...

You may think that leading a good life might earn you some kind of benefit, but reall it all boils down to whether you ask forgiveness or not, because no one is perfect...
my spyspace
# 19
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/27/2005 2:19 am
lol, no I'm not jewish. I think it's PonyOne that's jewish? I can't remember, I know that King_David is (obviously). There was a time when I was athiest, but now I'm more agnostic. I believe there's a good chance a god exists, but I can't be sure.

The problem with the statement about hell is that there isn't supposed to be an incentive for the person to believe. It's supposed to be based on Love, and you aren't supposed to get anything out of it besides God's Love back (which translates to eternal heaven).

As far as a person being a cereal killer and going to heaven, what the hell is that? if Ghandi goes to Hell and Ed Gein goes to heaven, then what kind of god do we have?

~Incidents
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.