Injuries

bollepol
bollepol
04/03/2001 12:01 pm
I know this may sound stupid, but does anyone of you has already been injured/wounded when playing an instrument.
Don't laugh ...
For example : everyone knows that Gibson Les Pauls are extremely heavy, but what is the best way to play a Les Paul.

**In what way do you have to stand/lean when you don't want to put too much pression on your back ?

** Should this be discussed with a chiropract?
Or should we ask the man Page (Jimmy) himself how to NOT play in a certain way.

The same goes for hand/arm injuries.

**Who has already been injured on the hands/arms when playing ?

**Any tips/hints for others who don't want to have the same problems?
THX

Bollepol
# 1
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
04/03/2001 11:23 pm
I've been injured the unconventional way. No arm , wrist, shoulder, elbow injury. I was injured in my eye. yes..that's right the eye. When i change my strings i usually don't cut the excess string off for like a week. So i was playing one day and had the point off the string go directly in my eye, talk about pain.. my god i thought i was gonna die. My eye was messed up and irritated for like 2 weeks.
"Take my hand boss"
# 2
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/04/2001 2:53 am
Randy Rhodes was a little dude and he pretty much had his way with his Les Paul....Zak Wylde, on the other hand, is a pretty muscular dude and he is a MANIAC with his Pauls and Deans......I would say that if you are worried about hurtin' yourself playin', then stay off the speaker cabinets for them big jumps :)....(May I suggest some excercise to strengthen them upper body muscles?)....Just a thought...V
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 3
quakked
quakked
04/04/2001 6:07 pm
Yeah, I'm starting to get mild tendonitis :-p It tends to flare up only every once in a while though. right on my palm under my pointer finger and thumb.

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.