Help! My guitar is screwed!

The Big Bad I Said No
The Big Bad I Said No
04/03/2001 1:52 am
For some reason, when using my brother's GT3 FX pedal (I don't own an amp :(), the unit won't give an output on some effects or when put through a tuner. It's not faulty equipment because the GT3 works fine on other guitars (we've tested it) and I can't get a sound out of an amp I tried out at my school. What gets me is that obviously some output is coming from the guitar, as certain effects on the GT3 do work normally, but most are not. Has anyone got any suggestions as what I need to fiddle with? I'm on a budget and can't afford to take my guitar in for repairs as I need the cash to fork out for a POD in the place of an amp.

Hope you can help me out here,

alex

p.s. Sorry if this is the second time your seeing my message, but.... I'm desperate!!

# 1
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
04/03/2001 2:45 am
I'm confused. You need to be a little more specific. What effects work? Are you getting any sound out of the guitar. Does it make crackling sounds when adjusting the volume? Anything and everything could be useful so give it another whirl and I'll see if I can come up w/ anything.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 2
The Big Bad I Said No
The Big Bad I Said No
04/03/2001 5:11 pm
Using the GT3 I could get a few of the 'metal' and distorted sounds to work, but the clean tones and the tuner etc wouldn't respond at all. There must be SOME signal coming out of the guitar as a few of the effects are working, but the vast majority do nothing at all. I've checked all the connections in my guitar and re-soldered both pickup connections (they looked a bit dodgy). Everything is securely connected and in order... just minus the sound :(

Fingers crossed,

alex
# 3
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
04/04/2001 2:59 am
I don't mean to sound harsh, BUT where there is a will, there is a way....A luthier could probably fix ya up in a snap (and for justa few bux).....My suggestion: Get another job (or do extra odd jobz..)and get that axe smokin' again to itz previous glory daze.....V....(P.S. Check the 1/4" female jack on the guitar...Even if the connections look good, the ceramic separators could be kaput...)
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 4
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
04/05/2001 1:05 am
Is the foot pedal down all the way? I'm sure you already knew, but the foot pedal controls most of the effects volume. Do you have the volume on the GT-3 turned up?
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 5
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
04/05/2001 5:30 pm
Was the volume on the guitar all the way down? :)
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.