wood

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/21/2005 8:57 am
I'm seriously considering buying a new guitar... one with a fixed bridge cause my tremolo on my ibanez is really ticking me off. anyways I wanna buy a guitar that suits me well and I started looking around and find all kinds of different kinds of wood. my question would be: what kind of wood, body and fingerboard, is good for for what kind of tone. ebony, rosewood, mahogany, maple, alder, basswood, there is just so much to take into consideration and if anybody who knows a lot about this could explain with some detail that would be appreciated, I just don't wanna buy another guitar that I'm going to regret buying... it's not fun when your tremolo comes out of your body and now you can ONLY play in drop C tuning. it makes it hard to play in a church worship band if you have a death metal tuning!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/21/2005 1:32 pm
Well, what sound are you going for?
are you going to be playing very heavy music? if it is in a church band, probably not...
and what do you want to spend...woods (esp fretboard woods) tend to influence price...
so what sort of sound do you want..../
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/21/2005 7:40 pm
go here for body wood descriptions

go here for neck wood descriptions.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.