View post (Ahhhhh Help!!!!!)

View thread

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/02/2005 1:32 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsok so i tightened those 2 screws that those springs are connected to and it helped some. I now can play in C A C F A D tuning without the tremolo lifting out, but I can't play in standard tuning. any ideas? that floyd rose website said something about if you have 10 or 11 gauge strings then you should need 3 springs and more springs for higher gauges, well my guitar has 3 springs in the back, does it need more? and if it does are there different kinds of springs or are they pretty much universal for all guitars. thanks for your help.

When we play rock or metal, my rhythm guitarist plays a 24-fret ESP that has a floyd-rose. His has three springs (I know because I snapped one of them out once...oops, hahaha) but he plays on 9 gauges. That's right, NINES. I play HUGE 11s. Those Ernie Ball "Beefy Slinkies," so it's quite a change. Now obviously the thicker strings get a better tone and whatnot, but switching down to 11s or even 10s from 12s won't make that big a difference. Just switch to 11s and see if they work. Your fingers will probably thank you anyhow, hahaha!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...