Dimebag's dead

the fool
the fool
12/10/2004 5:42 pm
I know it was news yesterday but wow... dimebag's really dead... i can't believe it... i'm still shock... what's gonna happen to all those nice guitars...
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 1
Cody_King
Cody_King
12/10/2004 8:55 pm
i just found out, im totally bummed, its horrible he didnt deserve to die.
# 2
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
12/10/2004 9:56 pm
Wow.. Ive looked on the net.. he was murdered along with several other people? What happened?
# 3
Spynal
Spynal
12/10/2004 10:09 pm
Damage Plan took the stage on thursday night in Ohio when a man came on stage, went straigtht to Dime, and yelled something incoherent...... it's been said that he yelled, "This is for breaking up Pantera!!!!" and pulled out a .38 and opened fire on Darrell from point blank range. After multiple shots in the head he opened fire on others killing crew and a fan. A police officer got him with a shotgun as he had another person in a headlock and was reloading his pistol. Full stories are everywhere.

My band has vowed to play "Hollow" at every show until Jan 1. ... Texas's official Dimebag Tribute Show (which we'll be playing)
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
12/11/2004 3:21 am
Why do mad things like that happen in the states?!?!?! Im not being prejudice but really... what is it like living in the US when things like this happen?
# 5
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
12/11/2004 4:06 am
...stupid Americans and their right to bear arms. You can say the old 'Guns don't kill people, humans do' argument all you want, but the fact is guns do kill people....or more precisely, bullets.
# 6
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/11/2004 6:52 pm
Originally Posted by: finger_cruncher...stupid Americans and their right to bear arms. You can say the old 'Guns don't kill people, humans do' argument all you want, but the fact is guns do kill people....or more precisely, bullets.

Stupid Americans? Canada has more guns per capita than the US.

Here in the States, we've been seeing crime decreasing for over 20 years. What's happened is that media coverage of crime has very disproportionately increased and is getting more and more over the top.

If you want to get right down to it, our areas of highest gun ownership have the lowest crime rates. The inner cities where you find the strictest gun control and lowest gun ownership rates have the highest crime rates by far.

Violent crime rates are climbing in the UK despite an all but total ban on firearms (I know a kid from England who's been shot and randomly just had the stuffing beat out of him, all within a period of six months), and Australia's firearms ban was followed by a marked increase in violent crime.

Guns aren't the problem, people are. If you want, I can link you to one of your criminologists who does a very good job of proving it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
12/12/2004 6:19 pm
Hmmm... spose... I blame the media. Media turn people on to all sorts of nasty influences. When I see the average RAP video on tv I feel like vomiting!
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.