What's with MARS music

hamster
hamster
03/06/2001 11:31 pm
Awhile back I ordered a Yamaha guitar and amp for my son from Mars and they sent me the wrong color guitar. Well, I thought I would have better luck going to their (HUGE)store. WRONG. They didn't have the amp I wanted in stock. 40 mile trip for nothing. I bought the amp at Musicians Friend. I happened to be in the area and stopped in to purchase an effects pedal. Guess what. NOT IN STOCK. I bought that from someone else too. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I don't think I will be going back. EVER!
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
03/07/2001 12:29 am
Geez, this sounds like the typical home electronics store experience.

I haven't been to mars music before, but I have always noticed that guitar stores have good supply of products.

Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
scottay51
scottay51
03/07/2001 11:57 am
i do some business with "musicians friend", strings(good deals) and such. however, i did purchase an accoustic stand from them and i could almost swear it had been used before and a piece or two interchanged with different parts(if that's possible on a simple little stand). anyway, not worth my time and trouble to call and return. lately, i've been looking at "guitartrader.com". their deals on equipment seem to be too good to be believed, fantastic as a matter of fact. differences of $300 to $700 on most of their deals. anyone with any experience with these guys?
:rolleyes:
# 3
Fender Man
Fender Man
03/20/2001 9:04 pm
MARS ROCKS,
I love mars, that is my favorite place to go, unlike other guitar stores, they don't care if you pick up any guitar and just play until you can't play anymore. I was supposed to get a Hendrix Fuzzwah for my birthday from musiscians friend, but they kept putting it on backorder, so finally after about 3 months I gave up on it, and got my money back, so every store has it's problems.
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.