Creating a practice schedule...

Joseph
Joseph
03/01/2001 11:32 pm
How many hours a day do you guys practice, is it usually all in one session, or do you split up your hours?

When I was younger, I was able to pick my times, (because there was less responsibility). I would play three hours straight in the morning, and then practice for hours at night, and I would wait for those quiet spots. But these days, I'm lucky if I can get in a good three hours at night. I'm always finding ways to enhance my style and learn new things, (no matter how confident you get, or how much knowledge you have recieved over the past several years, there are always tricks to learn, and new ways of applying it to your previous knowledge.)

Lately, ive been splitting up my time, where I play for 15 minutes here and there, (alot of us are always waiting for the perfect moments to play guitar, without interuptions and where everything and everyone is quiet as a mouse, as the years progress we'll realize that we have to learn to take what we can get. (Overall, we all have our bad spots, certain techniques that need work, I always carry an acoustic in my jeep when I'm in between jobs and other obligations, we always have time to kill every now and then, why not kill it with our guitar, :D.

Often the hardest thing about practicing is to know what to practice, in those times of frustration and indecision its important to have a set routine to follow, and with a little forethought and organization, you can customise your personal practice schedule.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.