I couldn't stop myself

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/23/2004 3:02 pm
That's right, I got another amp :rolleyes: . I didn't really need another amp, but I just couldn't stop myself. My rack setup is 100 tube watts so that's extremely too loud to practice on, and my 2x12 50 tube watt combo is also too loud to really enjoy practicing on. Plus I'm sure all my neighbors hate me now. So, I got me a little Marshall MG10CD practice amp. It's got a whopping 10ss watts going into a massive 6" speaker :D . but don't let it fool you...in a medium sized family room, this thing can actually get fairly loud. The cleans are great, turn the clean volume up past 12 o'clock and it starts to break up kinda like a tube amp which gets an awsome dirty blues sound. The OD channel can go from blues to hard rock with tones that are 100% pure marshall crunch. It has a speaker emulated line out for recording that I'm dying to try out, but haven't had a chance yet. So, I'll post again to let you know how that goes. Here's a pic of the little booger...

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/23/2004 4:06 pm
Aaaaa very similar to my microstack. I think these are great little amps !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/28/2004 3:49 pm
I just tried the emulated line out the other day, and while it did sound very nice, it was very loud. Way too much hum to actually record with. Not sure what caused it, but it's quite a shame :( . Oh, and the clean channel really sux going that route. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I still love the amp for reasonable volume jamming. I leave the dirty channel on an AC/DC type crunch and the clean channel where it's breaking up a bit and control it with the guitar's volume knob. Any heavier sound and I have to use my ZW-44 overdrive infront of the dirty channel, which sounds really good too. In the end, I'm very pleased with the purchase of this amp.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.