What Bottleneck/Slide?

Rob_H
Rob_H
09/07/2004 7:15 pm
does anyone have any suggestions on what type of bottle neck/slide sounds best because i need one to play the last section of peter greens albatross & i also intend to learn a bit of slide guitar in the near future. i understand its personell preference to which is best just i dont really know the difference in the sounds created by the different material, i was thinking of buying a glass one seen as all the old blues players used to use a real bottle neck back in the day & i though a glass one would created a similar blues tone, am i right?

whats your preferences? just i feel a bit daft going in a shop & asking to try different slides, because a) i have never played slide guitar before & b) i have noticed a lot of them come in sealed packaging so you cant try the different materials
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/07/2004 10:22 pm
That Hendrix fellow used the edge of his lighter, I use the back of my dorm key by lack of options. Don't get stuck on one type of slide/bottleneck, just try different things until you find what you like. A glass slide/bottleneck might be perfect for you, but it's worth trying alternatives (such as a brass slide).
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.