Jam/Backing Tracks!!!

Rob_H
Rob_H
09/06/2004 11:49 am
i didnt know which part of the forum to post this on so i put it in here because their always seems to a be a few people viewing this section

well to my point:

i havent been playing guitar long (ive had one for 3 years but ive just started playing it proply around april this year) and i was wondering if there are any sites i can download free jam/backing tracks to jam along with just to try out & build upon some of the new techniques ive been learning.

any styles of music will do but id prefer, blues, metal & rock styles
# 1
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/07/2004 12:36 am
There's some at the "jam" section at the top left corner (click on the word jam). I don't know exactly what's there, it's been awhile.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/07/2004 12:41 am
If you have a few dollars spare there is a thing called a Guitar Port (by Line 6) which plugs into your computer.

If you have an Internet connection (for a small fee, I think it was about 7 bucks a month) you can download backing tracks minus the guitar part, get the TAB and jam along.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/07/2004 10:28 am
I've got about 50 of em on my soundtrack page. Some have guitar or vocals added but the majority are background tracks in various styles.

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/SchmangeOnline/SchmangeSoundtracks2.htm
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/07/2004 2:59 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangehttp://s93744050.onlinehome.us/SchmangeOnline/SchmangeSoundtracks2.htm

This is the sexiest thing I've ever seen.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
Rob_H
Rob_H
09/07/2004 7:03 pm
thanks for your replies ill check them out.

do any of you's know what settings i can use on my mutli fx (its a korg AX1500G but any settings for any pedal will do i can always pick the closest thing to them on my pedal) or amp to get the sort of clean tone peter green uses on albatross, just im on learning albatross & it just doesnt sound right it has that something missing from the tone so make it flow & sounds smooth.

if you know how to get any settings to get peter greens tone can you please post them too, ive just got the in session with peter green and im planning on learning all 6 songs in it if i can handle it.

also one final thing does anyone have any suggestions on what type of bottle neck/slide sounds best because i need one for the last section of albatross & i intend to learn a bit of slide guitar in the near future.

thanks again for your help :D
# 6
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/07/2004 7:43 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonThis is the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

You should see me in tight spandex :cool:

> also one final thing does anyone have any suggestions on what type of
> bottle neck/slide sounds best because i need one for the last section of
> albatross & i intend to learn a bit of slide guitar in the near future.

There's a little tiny metal one I've been using about 1" long that's perfect for doing occasional slide stuff. It's small enough that ya can leave it on your pinky and still play chords and leads.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.