View post (no competition)

View thread

munqy
munqy
09/01/2004 6:11 pm
Alright, to all those good guitarists out there, have you ever been too good for your own good? I recenlty played at talent show for my dorm and honestly speaking the toughest thing the guitarists here have ever played would be master of puppets by metallica. So what is a guitarist meant to do when his piece consists of every fancy thing he can muster to pummel the competition badly. Cuz thats exaclty what i did, i played some simplified metal song with a four minute solo with sweeps, squeels, tapping and neat timing changes but when everyone else was playing chords and singing ... for some reason i stood out. I dunno i felt bad for everyone else cuz i shouldv'e played something by megadeth and still would have won. I got asked alot like how'd i even begin to play like that and i told em that a group of us from highschool were listening to vai , satch and malmsteen since 8th grade so we'd teach ourselves to get to that level. But i just felt bad, like i don't have an amazing singing voice and those kids did and i could never sing along to a song, i was always to busy with playing scales all over the neck. So yes i won a plastic trophy but was not proud of it at all. Sometimes i should have more moral fibre and give my competition a break, and play at their level and still win, thats true competitiveness.

questions comments complaints?
real tyte bro \m/