Woo Hoo!

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/01/2004 2:21 pm
My T.C. Electronics G-Major and Minor finally came in yesterday! This thing sounds great. The reverbs are exactly what I was looking for, and the chorus' are very lush and 3D sounding, and the delay's are great too. So far, that's all I've had time to mess with, but I'm quite impressed with what I've heard so far. To top it all off, it's actually fairly easy to program. I was slightly confused at first, but after a quick glance at the online manual and playing with it for a bit, it's easy. Next on the list is a good midi footcontroller. The G-minor will do for now, but it only scrolls through the presets.

On a similar note, something has happened that I was afraid of...The rack bug has bit me again. I'm now wanting to find a Peavey Rockmaster preamp, and a good 50-100 watt tube power amp. Anybody know of any for sale, let me know
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/01/2004 2:28 pm
Glad to know Im not the only one with really bad GAS !!!

Glad your new kit worked out man, I had the midiverb through my TSL last-night and...well... it sounds better in the Pods loop !

The TSL is weird, the signal level drop when you kick in the effects loop, you can compensate for this by turning up the output on the device in the lop however it is a bit naff ! Also, even with the midiverb set to dry defeat and the FX level maxed out (with the back set to line level) it dosen't sound that great. I wonder if the fact that I have them both going through an unbalanced patch bay is screwing things up. This may be making the midiverb think that it is expecting stereo signal and when it nly gets input from ch1 only, it throws a fit !

Humm may have to check that out tonight !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/01/2004 2:33 pm
is the TSL's loop series or parallel? I've read alot about fx processors not sounding all that great with some parallel loops because the levels are hard to get right. But what you said, could very well be the problem. Hope you get it worked out.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/01/2004 5:41 pm
From the TSL manual:

Note: The loops are in parallel mode until the mix controls are at 10
when the loop converts to series mode.

I think you may have found the problem ! I will have a go at cranking the mix on the amp and killing the dry defeat on the midiverb, mixing wet with dry in the midiverb as opposed to on the amp !
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/01/2004 6:01 pm
Hope that works. what made me think about it was my old triple xxx head was parallel with 2 level knobs, and I had to play with them to get them to get the podxt to sound like it should. I don't remember how I set them, but I think one was at 100% and the other was at 0%.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/02/2004 2:44 pm
I'm two steps closer now...he he :D . I ordered a MIDIBuddy pedal yesterday and also bought one of LOTS's Rockmaster preamps. I'm also bidding on a peavey classic 50/50 power amp. Now I just need a rack to put it all in. I sure hope I can sell my 12-string soon to reimburse my bad GAS attack. And to think back, this all started with wanting a little extra reverb... :rolleyes: go figure

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/02/2004 3:28 pm
No naked flames round you for a while eh !

On a more serious note, it all sounds very cool man!

My GAS usually starts with.."I wonder what..." or failing that imported larger.

Generally I find that when that feeling comes along, if I haven't broken wind in the last 5 min my credit card is in big trouble !
# 7
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/02/2004 3:35 pm
Mine would be too if I still had one. I cut it up into little pieces. Still paying for it, but don't use it. If I don't have the money for it, then I don't need it. I hate being in debt for anything. I plan on paying off my card with the $ I get from selling my 12-string, so then I'll have that much extra money comming in each month to support my GAS :D

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.