Beginner has Digitech rp 200 questions..

gdptay
gdptay
02/23/2001 4:03 am

what is an expression pedal?do these effects processors really sound ok, or good,very good?what if i only have a strat but want to sound like acdc?or i only have SG copy and want to sound like eddie van halen?how does it do that?or do you have to fiddle around and come up with your own setting?can you or is there any reason to run a pedal into this effects box or between effects and amp?

thanks
gdptay

# 1
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/23/2001 1:08 pm
Originally posted by gdptay

what is an expression pedal?do these effects processors really sound ok, or good,very good?

*Digitech makes some nice stuff, no doubt about it....Try to find a used rack unit....Check for loose knobs, etc. and play it in the store to make sure it works OK.....I like a nice chorus and a little delay with some reverb......:)

what if i only have a strat but want to sound like acdc?

*You're screwed....The ACDC sound is Humbucker ALL THE WAY.....You're not gonna even come close with a single coil on the bridge...Sorry dude....

or i only have SG copy and want to sound like eddie van halen?how does it do that?or do you have to fiddle around and come up with your own setting?

*The ABSOLUTE thing in common between EVH and Angus is that they are running tube amps...(Marshalls in their case)...If you are being "literal" about getting "that sound", you WILL be gettin' a tube amp, Celestion speakers and a H/bucker on the bridge.....An SD "Pearly Gates" or DiMarrzio "Super Distortion" would be a nice choice....When you CRANK the tubes with the right speakers and pick-up, you won't have to "fiddle" much...You'll already be there :D

can you or is there any reason to run a pedal into this effects box or between effects and amp?

*To each his own :)....My suggestion is that don't be pluggin' nothin' in that adds noise to your system....Personally, I use a tube set-up, rack effect and Wah pedal :)

thanks
gdptay

*You're Welcome, V :D

*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 2
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
02/24/2001 2:57 am
The only way you could get a strat to get a humbucker sound is if you used a processor like the GT-3. It has a pickup simulator built into it. Keep in mind, though, it is a pickup SIMULATOR. Nothing beats the real deal. But ya gotta work w/ what you got.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.