GAS attack

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/30/2004 8:19 pm
It's back. As soon as it's gone, it sneeks right up on ya again. Anybody ever heard or played with a Yamaha MagicStomp? Also for any PODxt users, have you noticed that they've got 36 new amp models and a bunch of new effects you can download to your PODxt? That is kinda making me wish i hadn't sold my mine :( . Now I can't decide if I want to try something new, or go with something I already know :confused: . I might go back with the xt if I can find one for cheap on ebay. Who know's what I'll end up doing though :rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/30/2004 8:50 pm
I love Line6, I haven't checked out the podxt as I'm still playing my Pod Pro. However I'm sure it is only a matter of time !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/31/2004 4:02 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya... Anybody ever heard or played with a Yamaha MagicStomp? ...
[font=trebuchet ms]I'm still using the Yamaha DG Stomp that I bought from Roger Fisher. I think it's the only multi-FX box I'll ever need. Simply because I don't use it a lot. I'm definitely old-school 'crank-it-and-wail'. :D Adding layers of effects just seems to take the edge off.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/31/2004 7:28 pm
I only plan to use the amp modeling when recording. The rest of the time I will just be using it as a stomp box for chorus, reverb, delay, and distortion's I can't produce with my classic 50 (which aren't many). Plus, after changing the tubes, the reverb sounds awfull on the clean channel. The PODxt is just going to be more than what I want to pay for, because to use it like I want, I'll have to also buy the pedal board for it. I already have a chorus, delay, and wah pedal, so I might try out that Boss OD-20 like you've been talking about Dr. Simon and a reverb pedal. Any suggestions on a versatile reverb? I really don't like the spring reverb sound, more so a hall or cavernouse reverb with the tone set low.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/31/2004 8:39 pm
The OD-20 is totally awesome.

I have a "Q" crybaby going into a tremolo to super-phase shifter, to a DD6, to the OD20 going into the Marshall and it is totally cool.

I have the 4 memory presets getting heavier from the tube screamer (for southern rock) on manual to turbo-metal-meltdown in memory bank 4.

If you like a lot of different distortion / overdrive stomp boxes, this is the Mac Daddy !

I think they come in at about 150 usd new however with it being Boss id have no trouble getting a second hand one. it is also very easy to operate and program.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.