Tremolo for les paul

the fool
the fool
07/26/2004 3:44 pm
It's that time of that season where I get real fidgetty and start modifying my guitar so here's another question for you guys. This one concerns possible tremolo mechanisms for a non tremolo guitar such as les pauls that use stop bar tail pieces. I'm thinking of adding a tremolo mechanism to my les paul es. i wanted to add this "stetsbar" at first but i found out i cant replace the bridge on it with the piezo bridge i have so now i'm stuck with either choosing a les trem or a bowen handle. Anyone of you guys have tried any of these tremolo systems? How much tremolo can each give me (are they bi directional, do they both give a half a step?) and which one is better and stays more in tune- the bowen handle or the les trem. Also, anyone of you guys have tried those "rockinger les trem"- the one that Eddie Van Halen used in his guitars before the floydrose. Is the "rockinger les trem" better than the "les trem" they sell nowadays. Also, where can I buy a "rockinger les trem." I heard its one of those tremolo widely used in the 80's but suddenly disappeared from out of the blue when the floyd rose came out. Also, does anyone know if there's any bi directional tremolo out there available for les pauls besides the stetsbar.
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
07/27/2004 3:40 am
Umm ya man, BIGSBY!!!

As soon as I get the cash, a Bigsby B7 is going on the Les Paul and B5 on the Tele.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
AspenRich4214
AspenRich4214
08/01/2004 6:13 am
My dad's L-P has a floyd rose. Bigsby :) . you can lower the note to where the strings fall off the nut lol. I dunno how he fixed it on there tho.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.