1. Find an appropriate scale (key signature)
2. Target chord tones
3. Make musical phrases
After this tutorial please continue to the next two for more specific examples of how to use these ideas to start improvising.
Christopher's latest All Styles tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Identifying The Key Signature
- Playing The Major Scale In Time
- Major Scale Play Along
- Targeting Chord Tones
- Chord Tones Play Along
- Using The Scale And Targeting Chord Tones
- Melody Play Along
- Melody An Octave Higher
- Octave Higher Melody Play Along
- Modulation Melody Play Along
- Modulation An Octave Higher
- Octave Higher Modulation Melody Play Along
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!