This example has a heavy shuffle rhythm with alternate strumming in A. The riff includes sliding 6ths and string bending for the first chorus. The second chorus simplifies the riff and adds in lead fills with minor pentatonic blues and briefly visits major pentatonic in bar 8. The example concludes with a classic double-stop turn around ending.
Dave's latest Blues tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Welcome
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Texas Shuffle: Lesson
- Texas Shuffle: Performance
- Pentatonic Licks: Lesson
- Pentatonic Licks: Performance
- 12-Bar Blues: Lesson
- 12-Bar Blues: Performance
- Slow Minor Blues: Lesson
- Slow Minor Blues: Performance
- Soulful Blues: Lesson
- Soulful Blues: Performance
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!