This example starts with a 2-bar lead intro typical of Vaughanâ€™s style. The 12-bar progression in E is played three times: three choruses in blues parlance, with the second chorus simplified for a guitar solo.
Dave's latest Blues tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Welcome
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Texas Shuffle: Lesson
- Texas Shuffle: Performance
- Pentatonic Licks: Lesson
- Pentatonic Licks: Performance
- 12-Bar Blues: Lesson
- 12-Bar Blues: Performance
- Slow Minor Blues: Lesson
- Slow Minor Blues: Performance
- Soulful Blues: Lesson
- Soulful Blues: Performance
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!