The tip of the week is how to get better sustain. First try to keep pressure on the string to keep it ringing. Good intonation will also help. Adjusting your pickups to the optimal height will also help.
If you like this lesson, then GT has a lot more that cover ideas on how to play blues lead guitar!
Neal's latest Blues tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Guitar Tricks 102: Chromatic Blues in G
- Guitar Tricks 105: Easiest Blues Chord
- Guitar Tricks 106: 2 Note Blues Chords
- Guitar Tricks 110: Blues Rock Pedal Point
- Guitar Tricks 114: Blues Lead Chord Tones
- Guitar Tricks 117: Turn 1 Bend Into 10 Licks
- Guitar Tricks 121: Stevie Ray Vaughan Style Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 127: Texas Style Blues
- Guitar Tricks 134: Blues Lick in C
- Guitar Tricks 139: Blues Song Riff
- Guitar Tricks 140: SRV Style Lick
- Guitar Tricks 142: Best Blues Vibrato
- Guitar Tricks 145: Blues Lead & Turnaround
- Guitar Tricks 149: Blues Rock Lick in A
- Guitar Tricks 152: SRV Style Blues Lick
- Anders Mouridsen "Live from the Mothership"
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!