So how do you know where this third is? Well, this is where scales are very useful. If you stay within the scale, you can just go up two steps and there's your fitting harmony.
This doesn't ALWAYS sound good, but in this example it does.
Ben's latest Metal tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Metal Lead: Get Started Intro
- Metal Lead: Sound
- Learn From The Blues
- Chord Tones & Scales
- Solo Part 1: Bends & Chord Tones
- Solo Part 2: Unison Bends
- Solo Part 3: Bluesy Double Stops
- Solo Part 4: Harmonizing
- Play Along: Harmonizing
- Play Along: The Entire Solo
- The Harmonizing Part Slowed Down
- The Entire Solo Slowed Down
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!