What are chord tones? Well, they're simply the notes of the chord you're playing over. If the band is playing Em, the chord tones are E, G, and B - the notes in an Em chord. They will sound really nice against that chord.
Ben's latest Metal tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Metal Lead: Get Started Intro
- Metal Lead: Sound
- Learn From The Blues
- Chord Tones & Scales
- Solo Part 1: Bends & Chord Tones
- Solo Part 2: Unison Bends
- Solo Part 3: Bluesy Double Stops
- Solo Part 4: Harmonizing
- Play Along: Harmonizing
- Play Along: The Entire Solo
- The Harmonizing Part Slowed Down
- The Entire Solo Slowed Down
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!