A need serious help!!

playercl07
playercl07
12/19/2000 1:20 am
Could somebody give me some pointers, basics, a web-site, or even a book that would show me how to play my guitar i just purchased. If you could do this i would be greatly thankful. Playercl07
# 1
Rat520
Rat520
12/19/2000 3:40 am
try to get hold of a book called progressive guitar method book 1: beginner, this will teach you to read notes and play chords. Get the version that comes with a CD though because it makes it alot easier.
"You know, we do more than just sing and dance. We've got a brain, too."
Backstreet Boys
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
01/05/2001 5:06 am
As a guitar player, having a good working knowledge of chords and a strong rhythmic feel will always be two of your most valuable assets. By their very nature, chords and rhythms go together, so it only makes sence they should be practiced that way. When you're practicing chords, always have a metronome or drum machine going.

A great way to get the most out of your practice time is to work on two or more things at once, when you're first starting out on guitar its very important to maintain a strong level of enthusiasm, always keep your mind busy. After a few months of excessive practice, if you have a strong tollerance level, you should be just fine.

Pick up the book "The complete guitarist", its never too early to gain a strong understanding of notr only the fundemental workings of your instrument, but also how to achieve a higher level of proficiency...

-Joseph :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
Trolle
Trolle
01/05/2001 1:44 pm
Well, here's a little alternative:
Just play the mother****er!
Sure, theory and right technique is crucial to become a better guitarist (not a good one nessesary), but have fun with your guitar, listen to music and try to jam along, find the notes by ear. You shouldn't really buy anything, just go to the library or use this site, there are plenty of good things, even for the beginner.

I myself, plan to be a host very soon, so hopefully (if the other hosts pick me) I can teach some good stuff soon on this great site, and of cause I will record my audio in the studio and put it up along with the lessons.

Fiddles
Trolle
:cool:
# 4
Allie
Allie
01/05/2001 8:04 pm
Go find a song book that has the chord positions in it. practice chord changes and singing the song with it.

Once your comfortable playing you can then start learning the instrument technically.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.