66 and just beginning

mojowkng9
mojowkng9
10/18/2021 11:51 pm

can anyone tell me a good sounding Acoustic/electric guitar that's not to expensive for beginners

# 1
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
10/19/2021 1:06 am

Just by example, Fender have affordable beginner packages for electric guitar that includes the instrument, an amp and gig bag.

Any retail store that sells these kind of packages for Acoustic and Electric would be a good place to start searching.

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 2
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
10/19/2021 9:49 am

Fender CC concert gets good reviews as a beginner acoustic.

Squire or Epiphone do electric guitars for beginners with varying price ranges

Too many options around this topic.

Guitar size, budget, type of music a person likes. Small practice amp and headphones for quiet practice without disturbing family and neighbours

It is recognisd that an electric is easier to play than an acoustic but the differences get smaller over time. Finger soreness from pressing strings is less, go lighter strings. Barre chords are way easier but a good way down the line.

Make sure it's a guitar that really draws you to it.

Important you like it's looks and not considering only as a functional tool.

Like it and your more likely to play it.

Browse online to get ideas but do try to visit a store and get your hands on the selections you have made. Store sales people don't bite and recognise we all start somewhere.

Dave

# 3
snpfarm
snpfarm
10/19/2021 7:51 pm
Originally Posted by: mojowkng9

can anyone tell me a good sounding Acoustic/electric guitar that's not to expensive for beginners

If you have a Guitar Center (music chain store) near you I'd suggest going there. Most all them have a great selection of guitars. The cool thing about that particuliar store is that you can take any guitar off the rack and see how it feels and sounds. Yamaha makes nice entry level acoustic guitars in the $150 to $250 range.

If you're looking for an electric guitar there are several starter packs that come with the guitar, a small practice amp, and a gig bag for $300 and under. Here's a link to Sweetwater Music Store to see some examples: https://www.sweetwater.com/c594--Electric_Guitar_Packs

Good luck and keep us posted.

This trying to get my left hand and right hand to work together is driving me crazy!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.