Having difficulty

redsealtx
redsealtx
07/25/2021 4:19 am

Trying to use the practice for getting the left hand ready, higher E is easy, closer, upper E, sounds like hell I dunno, big fingers, electric, gave up for the night, any tips would be awesome, yes a complete begginner here. but with goals. I love music, arms hurting in ways I never expected, I will learn to play silent night by xmas, one of my goals.

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
07/25/2021 7:26 am

Not sure of your age, I started at almost 57, many things hurt at 1st. Takes time to losen up I guess.

Fingers, yup, had that too. Lots of practice helped that.

Good luck

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
07/25/2021 1:40 pm

A lot of the aches when learning come from tension in muscles, joints and tendons. Pay close attention to position and posture; if either are wrong it will add to the aches (and bad habits that can take years to break).

Then you need to do something that is difficult whilst learning: you need to relax.

Try smiling, humming the notes, and moving your body a little in time with what you're playing. It'll help you relax, and you'll look much better in front of an audience if you don't stand like a statue when you reach the point of performing on a onstage (caution: that is highly addictive).

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.