Singin and strumming

amartinez068
amartinez068
06/05/2019 10:22 pm

Hey, so i'm really bad at singing while strumming. is there any course/lesson here that could help me improve on that? or one focused on getting a better rhythm. thanks!

# 1
derek_n
derek_n
06/14/2019 6:43 am

I think the most important skill to have in improving your rhythm is being able to hear rhythms accurately. If you can't hear when your eighth notes are and are not even, you'll always be frustrated; and I say that from my personal experience. When I was young, I badly needed to work on my time and didn't really know how to fix it, but now I have really, really good and accurate time.[br][br]

The first step to my own improvement was to really listen to my own playing, and others playing, and really start to hear where things were grooving and where they were not.

A great book/cd set that covers this is Stanton Moore's "Groove Alchemy". it's for drummers (playing drums is a great way to improve your time), but he also covers straight 8ths, swung eights, and practicing the spectrum of everything in between, with great audio examples.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.