Anybody into Wishbone Ash?

yukonc5
yukonc5
04/26/2002 10:31 pm
Is it just me or did this band kick? I still listen to their music alot and am always amazed at the harmony and melodies that they delved into. They only had one "radio hit" that I can remember but geez did they ever play some good stuff. Alot of 2 part harmonies on guitars and if you get to, check out the bass riff at the break in "Sometime World"
Grog go now! Make noise!
# 1
bigmarty
bigmarty
04/29/2002 4:03 am
This is an underated band.I use to have only 2 lp's of theirs 'Live Dates "& "Hot Ash" which is also a live lp.My favorites from the 1st one are King will come,Throw Down the Sword and Phoenix which is a great jam. From Hot Ash my fave has to be The Way of the World.It's a shame they are not mentioned more in magazines for their use of twin harmony guitars.I think they paved the way for bands like Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden to do thier thing.
Can we have everything louder than everything else???
# 2
yukonc5
yukonc5
04/29/2002 6:05 pm
I have always wondered why so many people have never heard of them. I think they were awesome. Great tunes, well done, and the guys had talent. Sometime world was one of my favorites. Great bass line after the break. There were a few of us that listened to them faithfully and rushed to get the latest 8-track when it came out..heh heh remember those? My friends got to go see them in concert back around the 80's. I missed it because I was stuck on an oil rig out in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. The way they raved about it after I was real sorry to have missed it. I still break out their stuff from time to time and noodle around with it. :cool:
Grog go now! Make noise!
# 3
Bluesman143
Bluesman143
12/19/2010 5:50 pm
I don't know if you are still a member here but I am new to this site and so to find someone who appreciates just how good Wishbone Ash were is a rare joy.
"Argus" was their best album and should be in any guitarists top ten. Andy Powell is still touring as Wishbone Ash as only he held the rights to use the name but he is the only original band member in his line up but they are excellent and well worth seeing. Joe Crabtree on drums, Bob Skeat on bass and Manni Maninen a Finnish guitarist on the other guitar. They will be in London early in the New Year.

Originally Posted by: yukonc5Is it just me or did this band kick? I still listen to their music alot and am always amazed at the harmony and melodies that they delved into. They only had one "radio hit" that I can remember but geez did they ever play some good stuff. Alot of 2 part harmonies on guitars and if you get to, check out the bass riff at the break in "Sometime World"

# 4
stymye
stymye
12/20/2010 1:52 am
Argus - Blowin Free
# 5
richardmonham
richardmonham
02/10/2015 10:43 am
Originally Posted by: yukonc5Is it just me or did this band kick? I still listen to their music alot and am always amazed at the harmony and melodies that they delved into. They only had one "radio hit" that I can remember but geez did they ever play some good stuff. Alot of 2 part harmonies on guitars and if you get to, check out the bass riff at the break in "Sometime World"

One of my favourite bands ever and still recording and touring now with Andy Powell at the helm (and what a great guitarist he is!). Check out their latest CD - Blue Horizon, some fantastic guitar playing on it. Would be good to see a few of their songs on this site.
# 6
Eyeofsauron
Eyeofsauron
02/14/2015 3:39 pm
A friend of a friend of mine was a massive Wishbone Ash fan. When he passed away, the band members came to his funeral. I've had one of their albums for many years, but not listened to it for a long time. Going to play it today :)
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.