Which band or artist presented you to rock?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > Which band or artist presented you to rock?

Peter_Hinweis

The English greats: Pink Floyd and the Beatles.

The English greats: Pink Floyd and the Beatles.

jarkko.eklund

Full Access

When I heard Rainbow's Rising album the first time, that's was it. I been a huge Ritchie Blackmore fan ever since.

When I heard Rainbow's Rising album the first time, that's was it. I been a huge Ritchie Blackmore fan ever since.

dolezal.jiri

Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic (Eletric Ladyland). Recorded on a four track recorder with an awesome mic placement. I was played loud, you can hear it in your headphones. Best!

Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic (Eletric Ladyland). Recorded on a four track recorder with an awesome mic placement. I was played loud, you can hear it in your headphones. Best!

ajohnson1776

a.j.

Great Story!!!!!!

wow what a great story. i love it. i myself the first time i heard nirvana, (smells like teen spirit) on the radio basically changed my life with regards to music and wanting to play the guitar. why would you be ashamed to say you like nirvana? is that the punchline to a lot of jokes these days or something? i have always liked music but i honestly dont think i will ever forget the first time i heard nirvana on the radio. i remember staring at the speakers thinking what the heck is this? at the time it was 1000 times better than anything else the radio was playing.

Great Story!!!!!!

wow what a great story. i love it. i myself the first time i heard nirvana, (smells like teen spirit) on the radio basically changed my life with regards to music and wanting to play the guitar. why would you be ashamed to say you like nirvana? is that the punchline to a lot of jokes these days or something? i have always liked music but i honestly dont think i will ever forget the first time i heard nirvana on the radio. i remember staring at the speakers thinking what the heck is this? at the time it was 1000 times better than anything else the radio was playing.

l2zilla

For me, it was initially Elvis, (my mother got me into him when I was a kid) but then I got a Jimi Hendrix album (my father hated that stuff...lol) After that, I really got into learning the guitar

For me, it was initially Elvis, (my mother got me into him when I was a kid) but then I got a Jimi Hendrix album (my father hated that stuff...lol) After that, I really got into learning the guitar

linda p

Beatles

Mine was the Beatles ,they took America by storm an every girl's heart. I wanted so badly to learn the guitar an I'am still learning,Thanks Guitar Tricks. If we had had this site or computers alone ,I would have been a rock star. Now in my mid 60's I'm still trying to rock out to them an many others. GT is making that possible........lindap

Beatles

Mine was the Beatles ,they took America by storm an every girl's heart. I wanted so badly to learn the guitar an I'am still learning,Thanks Guitar Tricks. If we had had this site or computers alone ,I would have been a rock star. Now in my mid 60's I'm still trying to rock out to them an many others. GT is making that possible........lindap

JeremyRodriguez

System of a Down's Toxicity album! I checked out samples in F.Y.E. a long time ago and that was the first time I truly got into all different branches of rock

System of a Down's Toxicity album! I checked out samples in F.Y.E. a long time ago and that was the first time I truly got into all different branches of rock

Guitar Tricks Admin

Full Access

I will ALWAYS be a fan of System of a Down. "Chop Suey!" is certainly memorable to say the least.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.

I will ALWAYS be a fan of System of a Down. "Chop Suey!" is certainly memorable to say the least.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.

JeremyRodriguez

Originally Posted by: Guitar

I think even people that didn't listen to rock, metal, or anything similar loved this song! It was definitely great, just got overplayed haha.

Originally Posted by: Guitar

I think even people that didn't listen to rock, metal, or anything similar loved this song! It was definitely great, just got overplayed haha.